chapter seven

Haddiyah pov

Now I'm regretting my decisions this girl is talking my ears off. I'm going insane. She came this morning I mean very early to wake me up guess she doesn't trust me on waking myself up early. now I know why she's always early to work how does she do it. She came this morning and banged on my door several times I'm sure my neighbors were thinking it was a thief. I opened the door for her. I wasn't even greeted she just walked past me like she didn't even see me. This is becoming a normal habit of hers. I just have to get used to it then.

* Sighs* I dressed so early because of a certain human being. We began our journey to work imagine we were the first people in work all because she said we should always be punctual.

" Mirabel you are way too extra. Did you see anybody in the store now. the time I'll use to be sleeping at home I'll have to use now it to be waiting for the cleaners" I said it with a harsh tone. That was how we waited for hours before we could enter the store to our designated place.

Here I am while Mirabel is saying something irrelevant. I'll have to ask for a change of partner. I'm already tired of her talks. I need my peace for God sake.

" Haddiyah you are called to the boss office" I don't know who was the person that passed the information but that doesn't matter it was the reason why I was been called to the office that matter. I had to put up my hard girl facade. I know I could do this. It's not like she's going to bite me when she's not an animal.

I knocked thrice before I was told to come in. She sat there behind her desk. This is the first time I have ever been to her office since I started working here. The first day I came for the job the interview was held in a cafe not far from here and when I got the job I had nothing to do with going into her office. Seeing the office now I was mesmerized by the beauty of the office the interior decorator did a good job. It has a natural look and has this homy feeling. The Books are well arranged on the shelf. I could see a picture frame on the desk and it changed my mood. It was a picture of her three children. I never knew she was married. I noticed she was observing me smiling with her hands on the desk folded looking professional. It was at that moment I felt self aware.

" What do you think of my office" I was startled how does she wants me to answer that question I have to think of a right answer. I don't want to lose my job. " I was thinking of changing the interior it's a bit too much don't you think" she asked again due to my lack of response.when I wasn't giving her any response which was rude she Continued " You can have your sit ". I careful took the chair not to make any noise and sit down on it. I kept a good composure.

" So your name is haddiyah right? I just want to confirm" I nodded my head in a way saying yes. When I felt her stare that was when I realized I needed to use my mouth " yes ma my name is haddiyah". She took off her glasses and put it in it's case " I heard about your loss" here we go with the sympathies. I just wish she won't bring it up. I'm honestly trying to forget everything. I just want to move on but I guess the truth still hurts. " I know it's hard for you and especially for a young girl like you. I won't say I have been in your situation before but I know it must be very hard. I know you are a smart, brave and an intelligent girl. I've gotten reviews from the manager who interviewed you guys before you were given the job. I had little expectations of you but you proved me wrong. How old are you?" she asked. " I'm 14 ma'am" I said my eyes on my folded hand. I was playing with my fingers. "Haven't you considered going to school? you are still young to be a drop out. You can be going to school and be working if you are thinking on how to survive".

I cleared my throat before giving my response " I haven't thought of school since I started taking care of my late sister because I won't be able to fund our education. So I decided to concentrate on only her's. I had to take two jobs to be able to balance everything because my mum said she won't have anything to do with taking care of us. However lately I haven't thought of it. Even if it came to my mind. I don't have enough money to start. I need to save up enough money before I could start school" after answering her I noticed the sadness in her eyes but I didn't question it I have gotten used to it. " That's so sad my dear and I do understand how you must be feeling but just keep on praying it's going to be okay. I commend you for your hard work. You'll get a tip from me through the manager for your loss" I thanked her for her generosity and she waved it away saying it was nothing but to me it was something. She was being thoughtful. I was really thankful for her generosity. I stood up from the chair and took my leave.

Sssssss sssssss I was aware of who was trying to get my attention but Ignored her. of course it's the nosy friend I made. She made her way towards me after attending to a customer. " I knew you heard me but you ignored me hope you do know that was rude" she said pouting and I gave her that look saying really. This girl is dramatic instead of working in a jewelry store she should go for acting I'm sure she'll get it. " You are a pest hope you know that" I said with a neutral look on my face and she ignored me asking me what was the reason for being called and I told her everything. Perks of being the only friend I have. " Actually she is right. You are meant to be in school like other children or don't you want to go to school? She asked. To be honest I don't know. I do want to get an education but it's going to be alot of stress and money I have to stack enough cash before I could think of school and that might take more than a year.

I want to experience it. I want to experience the teenage life but is that even possible. I don't have a family but that doesn't matter right? Of course it does to me.

I'll ponder over it before going to bed.