chapter twenty six

Maryam pov

       I was woken up very early this morning by one of the maids who told me that ayaan was demanding my presence.

      I wore my flip-flops and walked to his room. I just wish he doesn't blow a tantrum just because I breathe. I'm sure it's not in his best interest that I still live. He wishes my death and would have done that but for some sick reasons I don't know why I'm not six feet underground yet but before it'll come to do I'd have left this hell called home. I need to search for my daughters. I want to really know if they are dead or not before I can take  any decisions with my life. I live for them therefore if they aren't alive there is no use in staying alive.

         I knocked on his bedroom door. He wasn't in his office I checked there before coming here. I knocked again no response. Was this some stupid joke or what. I hope that maid was lieing because if it was a lie. I'll be pissed with her that's the only thing I can do. I dare not confront her in fear of her reporting to that devil incarnate.

        " Come in" my hand was hanging in the air about to knock for the umpteenth time. I opened the door slowly.  "Salam alaikum ( peace be upon you ) " I said I didn't want to trigger any hidden anger in him.

       " You called" he was quiet. the room  was dark the only source of light was from the lamp beside the bed which was dim. I couldn't see his face clearly. he was sitted on the bed.

      " Yes I called so how are you"

       I was shocked. If it wasn't for the no source of light in the room he would have seen my shocked face. This was the first time he asked for my well being or I'm i sure this is not an imposter on his bed.

       " I won't repeat myself again how are you?"

        " I'm fine thank you" so It's still the monster. This is not an imposter. I thought he was trying to calm the evil in him this morning. Does he pray? I don't think so and even if he does pray I'm not sure God is going to forgive him. Who I'm I too judge but if it was up to me I won't forgive him. He doesn't deserve it at all because of envy he destroyed a family,he destroyed my life and innocent children lives.

         " I want you to be ready. You are going to the office with me" he took off the bed cover from his body and stood up from the bed. I stepped backwards unintentional it was just my instincts. I don't know if he was coming to hurt me. I can't predict him.

         " Why do I have to follow you to the meeting. I have never gone anywhere with you so why this meeting" I was scared is he being serious or was this all a lie. Does he have any motive with me. Does he knows that I have plans to escape today. I don't think he knows I have taken Weeks to plan this escape and I must escape today no matter what. I pray on it everyday and in Shaa Allah ( if Allah wills) I'll leave.

       " For some unknown and not favourable reason I have to bring my wife or mother or child with me and as you can see I have none except a woman who I kept in my house to just occupy space since you have no use in my life atleast be useful this time around"

        " Where are we going to" I was nervous it's been years I left the mansion I don't even know how the world looks like anymore. I have been confined in this house for too long to not know how the world looks like.

       " That's none of your business and when we get there you Don't have to ask or answer any questions without my permission. When you are asked a question use your brain and don't put your daughter or yourself in trouble. You know you guys are still under me"

       Lies he just spit out lies but I won't let him know because that'll destroy my plans of leaving this hell. My daughter is nowhere to be found and I'm sure he is also in search of her but won't tell me because that is the only thing that is keeping me in this house. I'll pretend till then.