14

I was lying down on my bed taking my Fura da Nono, it's my fifth cup and it's my obsession this week. Not yoghurt Nono, like directly from a cow with no preservatives, with the oiliness, the smoothness, sour taste and thick consistency, it's perfect that way.

"Are you sure you don't want mine?" I ask Zarah.

She shakes her head.
She seems to want more and I've finished it all except the one I'm taking.

"Why not? It's good"
"Nope, you put honey. Who puts honey in milk? That's just not normal"

I roll my eyes "I'm telling you, you're missing out and you'll regret it when I'm done"
She shrugs.
"It actually tastes okay with honey" Fai'za defends.

"Look, Rashad will bring more on his way from work so then you can take more"
She huffs "As much as that sounds nice and enticing, I have to go home now. My sister in law and her kids came for a visit and I can't leave them all alone"

I blush "So you came to check up on me?"
She nods "Don't make it a big deal" she huffs "What about Zoya? She's been quiet, I haven't heard from her for a while now"

Both Fai'za and I turn our heads away.
"What is it?" She asks curiously.
"Well—we don't know either, she's shut us out completely"

She takes a deep breath "I'll go see if she's okay, it's getting me worried"
I nod "Hopefully she talks to you".

::

I fold my arms watching as my husband struggled, I wish I could help but not with this though.

"Not one?"
He turns around surprised to see me "How long have you been standing there?" He ask curiously.
"Well—long enough to know you didn't pluck even one"

He groans bringing down the stick.
Since he woke up he said he's been craving mangoes, the thick ones, the ones that aren't so ripe but he couldn't since he had to go to work. We were the the room when he left hurriedly because he had to do something urgently. After searching the whole house looking for him I finally found him by the tree.

"Your pregnancy cravings are affecting me too".

"Why do they have to be unripe?"
He shrugs "Or maybe I should just go buy some. These ones are too high, even with my height and this long stick I can't seem to reach it" he says keeping the stick aside and walking towards me.

I smile "Can I ask something?"
"Go ahead, if I say no you'll just cry anyway"
"Actually I want to ask for your permission before moving ahead with something"

He raises his eyebrows "What is it?"
"I want to introduce Fai'za to my cousin"

He looks at me as a frown sets on his face "Does she really need to be introduced to someone. She'll meet someone soon enough"
"Let's be honest if it depends on your sister to find a man it could take years or never"

He huffs "But she's still so young"
"I'm not saying she's getting married today. I just want her to meet a nice guy and if she doesn't like him then that's cool too"

He takes a deep breath.
"Zoya got married at 22years, that's two years younger than Fai'za"
"And that's why she's changed"

I look at him confused "What does that mean? You think that's why she's acting differently?"
He nods "I suspect it and I believe that my suspicions are true"

Could it be?
I know their marriage has never been perfect but for her to just switch up on everyone?

"Can you give me some time to think this through? I don't want my baby sister getting into a relationship until I'm certain about who it is. Maybe get someone to investigate him"
I nod. He's my cousin I know him but even if I insisted on it he'll still get him investigated and honestly I can't defend his character a hundred perfect.