6

I enter the living room and lock the front door.
Rashad was seated on the couch with his arms crossed.

"I'm back" I say as I made my way inside the house.

My arm is suddenly yanked and I yelp.
I look at Rashad, there's a look of remorse on his face probably because he didn't intend on pulling me that hard.

Then it's replaced with anger.
"Where are you coming back from?"

I just stare at him.
"Where are you coming back from?!" He growls.

I pull my hand away "Is that why you want to tear my arms from it's socket?"
"I asked you a question"

I huff "Well—I was with Zarah and Zoya"
He seemed to agree with it but he still looked angry.

"Does it seem right for a married woman to be away from her house since morning and only coming back at 10pm?"
I take a deep breath "Really? Married people can't do that?" I ask sarcastically.

"What's that supposed to mean?"
"Well—I thought if you could leave home all day and not come back until 11 or 12am with the excuse of working that it would be fine for me too"

"Excuse? I don't need to lie about working"
I nod "I'm not stupid but I'm honestly a bit too exhausted to do this now. We drifted off while watching a movie and woke up a bit too late, my bad" I giggle "—but somehow I'm so exhausted. I ordered food for you while I was there, I hope you ate"

He says nothing just staring at me.
I smile "I'm glad, goodnight darling. Come join me in bed when you're done" I head upstairs.

::

Zoya's POV.

I've been outside the gate for over an hour now.
I called the maid and she told me Nasir got back home around 9pm. I wanted him to know how I felt when he stays out late.

I finally honked my horn.
The guard opens the gate and I park.

I lean on the front door and take a deep breath when I go in.
I exhaustedly make my way to my room to take my bath and sleep.

Since he complains about me sleeping in his room and I didn't feel like arguing, all I want is to go to sleep.

After taking my bath, without rubbing any lotion and without even wiping my wet body, I put on my shirt. I didn't know whether it was too short or too long, I just threw it on.

I lie down on the bed and pull the duvet. Smiling as I was covered with warmth.

A few moments later kisses on my ear and neck wakes me up but I was still very sleepy.
"You're still wet, didn't you wipe your body?" I feel Nasir's lips on my ear.

I really wasn't in the mood for this right now.
"I'm tired" I barely say.
Unfortunately, my slow witted husband still continued but this time I push his head away.
I hear him groan.

"Sleep in your room" I say annoyed.
"You complain about me not staying home, today that I've decided to give you my time you're pushing me away"

I turn and look at him, my eyes barely opened "Giving me your time isn't having sex with me. I never asked for that—" I say looking at his erection "—part of you. Go and sleep Nasir"

He shakes his head "But baby—" he says in I think was supposed to be a sweet voice "—but I want you. Just you, I want you to make me feel good"

I smile "Good thing you can do that on your own. Good night Nasir" I pull the duvet over my head.

"You ungrateful shrew. Why are you exhausted? What did you do that made you so exhausted so late at night, you had to take a bath even when you were barely walking, what did you do!"

I groan.
He hisses "I promise you, you'll pay for this" he walks out slamming the door. I was just grateful I could sleep peacefully.

::

Ruqayyah's POV.

Rashad invited his friend Saif over and now he's no where to be found. I called him a few times but he's not picking up.

I walk back to the living room and sit across him "Sorry, it's just that work piled up. He sends his apologies, he'll finish up soon"

It's already 8pm and keeping a married man way from his home this late just isn't right.
"I'm really sorry for making you wait"
He shakes his head "It's okay"

"It's just that, maybe your wife wouldn't be so cool about it and I don't want either Rashad or I to cause you any problems"
He smiles, sadly "You don't need to worry about that"

I raise my eyebrows "She'll be fine with it?"
He nods "She and I are getting a divorce"
I was shocked.
Rashad told me they seemed happy.

He smiles "Our differences wasn't something that could be settled".
"I'm sorry"

"No, it's alright really. It's something that should have happened a long time ago"
I smile "Then, I hope you're happy".

"I hope so too, at least I hope I will be"
"Inshallah. Sometimes separation seems like a painful decision but it might just be for the best"

He nods "Yeah"

It's sad that I'm the one saying that, when my relationship with my husband can't even be going downhill because they're was no hill in the first place but I still can't think, imagine or live life without him.

"You alright?"
I nod "I am"

After a while we ate and talked more.
We checked the time and it was quarter past ten.
"Wow, I didn't know time flew by that quickly" I say smiling sheepishly.

"Then I should take my leave, I had an eventful night thanks to you"
"It's my pleasure"

I hurriedly get him some cookies.
It was my wedding gift from my dumbass brother, a box of chocolate cookies but I love them so it's all good.

I packed a few of them and threw in some of those boxed foreign dates.
I hand him the paper bag "A gift from me to you"

He smiles "Thank you for today, for the meal and for the conversation as well"
"You're welcome, I enjoyed myself too"

He smiles.
"Maybe you two can reschedule?" I ask hopefully.

He frowns "Unfortunately, that's not possible. I'll be traveling"
"So when you get back?"

"I'm not sure when I'll be back"

It made me sad.
He seemed like a good person and I really wanted Rashad to keep their friendship going.

"Okay, that's too bad. But I wish you a safe trip and be happy. Focus on yourself"
He smiles "I'll do that if work permits me to"

"It better do"
He chuckles.

As he left the house it fell dead silent again.
Nothing but me and the crickets.

::