A smirk crept up my face, "You still didn't get it... the time I accepted the marriage with you and started working at Pearls Entertainment was all to keep you distracted while I did my part. It would have been a big mess if you had caused any trouble during the procedure as it was time-consuming because you had money and power at that time, but not now. In order to gain the marriage registrar's favor, I fed him money as he was to retire, and he graciously accepted his termination offer." She was left stunned.

I went on "By using other resources, I dislocated the documents and deleted them from the legal record. To avoid future lawsuits, I refrained from the order and submitted the licenses clearing my name. I'm telling you all this now because you don't have the money to prove it in court. But still, with little filthy money, you were trying to crawl up. I don't have my whole life to deal with you so I just got rid of you. You can file as many lawsuits as you want but remember you'll lose because our marriage is not legal and the court will not accept it. So, there is no way you can ask for alimony. Now the better thing for you is to stay the hell away from me." she gritted her teeth in anger.

"How dare you, Armaan? This is what you give in return for my love. You snatched my money and threw me in the streets. You have no idea how hard my life has become just because I loved you." I shook my head, "No... this is for ruining my life, and the air your breathing is my generosity. I could have gotten rid by simply getting you killed but I chose to let you live." I turned to leave when her arms trapped my waist and she hugged me tightly, "Armaan... please..." she busted crying and her tears soaked my shirt. I pushed her away "Veronica doesn't... you used me to fulfill your desires and disrespected the love I showered over you. Even at the time, I accepted my marriage you weren't wanting me it was just all about the money. The reason you're still trying to keep me around you is that you can't accept the fact that you lost."

I stepped out of the makeup room and sit in my car to leave the place. Yash drove the car away from the beach and we reached our private airport. Sitting in the plane Yash asked, "Do you know Ishita is going to be a part of the FITM awards?" I raised my brows, "The awards my grandmother won last year..." he nodded in agreement. "Oh god hell no... grandma is going to be so pissed after losing it this year. I don't know the reason why they look at each other with so much hatred?" Yash chuckled, "You have that confidence in your wife that she's going to win... Like she's just nominated not won it yet, and isn't this award for social workers and Ishita's far away from that thing."

I left a small laugh, "I believe in her more than I do in myself... she's the one who owns the league rather than being a spectator for others victory." Within the next two hours, we landed in my hometown. Reaching home, the first person I met was grandma, she caressed my cheeks lovingly and asked about my well-being. "Armaan... you came at the right time." I looked at the person approaching me. Mom looked between us, "I didn't interrupt something right..." grandma gave her a look, "You always do... I only tolerate you because my son married you or else, I would have taught you a great lesson. You have got yourself a daughter-in-law like you as well." Mom smiled at her politely which was completely fake "Armaan... I came here to let you know that day after tomorrow we have to attend your cousin's marriage. So, get some rest and cancel all the plans for two days."

I nodded, "Yeah... that won't be a problem since all my work is almost done and Dad will handle the rest." Grandma spoke in between, "Oh... but you have to attend the award function tomorrow." Mom explained to her, "That's why I asked him to take two days off..." grandma rolled her eyes, "Don't act too smart...". Mom passed her another lovely fake smile and pat my cheeks lovingly before leaving inside. I took the stairs walked inside a room and looked around for Ishita but she wasn't there. Maybe not returned from office yet... I closed the door behind me and opened the door of the bathroom to get a nice relaxing shower. Ishita screamed at the sound of a door creaking open I yelped looking at her naked in the bathtub.

"My God... Armaan when did you come at least give me some privacy." She covered herself with some soap bubbles. "What are you doing?" I asked her out of curiosity seeing her in a bathtub with a bath toy and playing with scented soap bubbles. She let a sigh "I was bored and thought to try something relaxing and fun." I moved towards her, "It's a good view, and don't lie it was a welcome gift for me." she looked at me in utter shock. Squatting down to her level I kissed her cheeks she squeaked in happiness and pulled me kissing my lips.

She tilted her head biting my neck leaving a hickey and started removing my suit blazer. Her fingers undo my shirt button but suddenly stopped in between. I looked down at her face which was completely drained out of horror and the source which caused it. "Armaan... there is a little makeup and a lipstick stain on your white shirt." I checked the stain she mentioned and understood everything. "Yeah... it is..." I fumbled not getting the right words to put it together she gave me a look that scared the hell out of me.

"It's not what you're thinking... okay just give me some time to explain." She nodded blankly and I could see hurt in her eyes. I removed the shirt throwing it on the floor as well as the shoes stepping into the water. Ishita looked away ignoring me rubbing her knuckles aggressively. Gripping her wrist, I pulled her towards me she rested her head on my shoulder and leaned on my chest. "I got to know that Veronica was contacting some lawyers to file a lawsuit. Coincidently I had work in Goa where she's currently staying and working in a local bar for her expenses. I met her there and warned her directly that the marriage license is not legal anymore so there are no ways she could leach money from me. When I was going to leave, she hugged me and pleaded to let her come back. That's when she wickedly left a lipstick stain on my shirt."

I looked down and pecked her lips, "So there is nothing wrong I committed and you don't need to be possessive, sad, or jealous." She let a sigh, "I'm not... it's just that... it sometimes scares me what if you accepted that you did commit something horrible. What will I do? Act like a decent wife and forgive you or leave you. Maybe I'll choose to kill myself..." I pinched her arms pretty hard. She hissed in pain rubbing it, "What was that for?" I spoke to her sternly, "For talking shit and overthinking silly things." She hugged me lovingly and mumbled, "I'm sorry... my periods ended but my hormones aren't at rest. I'm at the peak of overthinking always... I think I should join yoga and meditation classes but I don't get time for it and at some point, it just gets boring."

I kissed her neck, "I heard something about your period ending... so we can do that now..." she bites her lower lips, "That's the only thing you get from everything I told you." I made her sit on my lap, "Let me ease your hormones and put them at rest with satisfaction." She positioned herself and started grinding on me. 

Today's task: 40 votes + 20 comments

Hii there my lovely readers 🕮 Hope you liked this chapter, feel free to drop your suggestions and feedback related to the story.

If you want to know about me as an author follow me and drop a message in my inbox. I will surely reply to your text. Stay tuned for more such chapters coming soon💖

Vote and comment to help this book reach more readers...

Keep Reading Keep Smiling☺