.22

Everyone was in a frenzie. Everyone was, Lori left, to find Rick and Gleen in search of Hershel. Kendra didn't understand why Lori thought it was smart to leave, she didn't understand what made her think that Rick wouldn't make it back, did she really have that little faith in him?

Kendra drifted away from the group, she thought she'd be happy to be back. She had dearly missed them but she was wishing she was alone once again, she missed the feeling of being alone. Because now all she wanted was Carl, but she was scared, terrified. Because she knew he was hurt, and she couldn't fix it.

"When you left I thought you died" a voice startled the girl from her thoughts, looking up her eyes meg Carl's, who stared intensely at her. Sitting beside her on the porch, he crossed his arms using his knees to help support his elbows. "But I didn't even cry, not a single tear like how it was with Sofia" he continued making the girls heart ach at his words. At what he thought and how he was talking with her.

"And I didn't even regret thinking you were dead, because a part of me truly did believe it, and I wasn't upset" he shrugged his voice harsh as he stared at the grass the sun now nearly fully gone. "Because I was sick of waiting for you when you were never going to come and talk to me" he explained standing up not walking away, his back facing the girl who nodded.

"I won't wait on you Kendra" he grumbled walking away from the girl, not sparing her a glance that she knew she didn't deserve at all. She didnt want him to be hurt but she hurt him, and she wished she didn't feel the pang in her chest, she wished she could just escape her feelings. Escape the burning in her chest when she wanted to talk to him, when she seen him. Though she knew, she had lost him. Forever.

Authors Note
Pretty sure this is
called agst.