.3

Dead Love.

The air was hot, and the sun beat down on the group with no regrets. Sweat dripped down their faces, drenching their clothing as they tended to their chores.

Some had more important jobs. Watching for the dead, keeping them away from everyone in camp.

Everything was ruined, Atlanta was a pile of ruble with no survivors expect the dead that continued to walk freely, eating anything and everything that had a pulse, blood pumping through their veins.

The dead were mindless and heartless, they had no thoughts or ideas of what they were doing. They killed because that's what their body told them to do. They had no true purpose, their purpose was to kill and eat, and Kendra's was to do whatever people in camp told her to do.

Her father had made it very clear that she needed to listen or else she'd end up dead. Rubbing her temples Kendra stared at the brunette women who smiled softly at her. "Kendra it's not that hard come on" the women encouraged her, re-writing the steps for the problems.

The girl had no idea why they really needed to do math, it didn't seem like the world was gonna be fixed anytime soon. The dead were up and walking, and they craved the taste of flesh.

"Why don't you three go take a break" Carol suggested, smiling at the three kids sitting on the bench staring at their work, that the older women has assigned them.

Smiling the three ran off before the two women could change their minds, running aimlessly through the camp, dodging the older folk as they did so. Stopping at a tree stump with rocks beneath it. The three picked up rocks throwing them down into the lake, none of the rocks really made it into the icy cold blue waters.

This was a way for the kids to release stress, or do something when bored. Truthfully the three children were probably more stressed than the adults. Everything happening was a lot of stress, none of the kids had anytime to really take in what was happening before it already was happening. They didn't get a clear explanation of what was happening, everyone would tell them it was 'grown folk' talk and that they had nothing to do with it.

"I hate stupid math" Carl grumbled under his breath kicking at the stump Kendra was sitting on. Slumping down in-front of the dead wood leaning his back against it. Kendra snorted at the boy who was acting like a baby over a math problem. Though she could deny the fact they she hated math as much as he did.

They would never really use math again so why would they use it now? It just didn't make sense to the girl.

"Kenny it's not funny" Carl grumbled at the girl who nodded amused by his antics. The sky roared and lightening lit up the sky hovering over Atlanta. Frowning at the storm rolling in Kendra could only hope the few that left the day prior would be okay.