.7

Sex, drugs, Ect- Beach weather

The Walsh girl often found herself envying the small birds that flew over head. The things with such small brains but with so much freedom they had. The birds were always flying they were free to come and go as they pleased they were free to sit and sleep or fly and live.

The dead couldn't kill them because the birds could fly away, high into the sky away from the chaos in the world. They didn't grieve like humans did, they couldn't feel the pain you felt when someone died and you couldn't save them. They were forever happy until the day their wings failed them, then they fall to the ground. A slow and painful death.

In a way birds weren't great but for the most part they were, they were free from death for so long before they fell and died.

A red bird say pertched in the tree outside the RV and Kendra had found herself staring at the creature. "It's a cardinal " Dale stated to the young girl who looked confused about what he was talking about until he motioned to the bird. "They're so pretty" Kendra awed staring at the bird finding it hard to take her eyes away from the animal that was at peace for what time it had left on this earth.

"I might have something that could interest you" the older man spoke with a warm smile pulling open a drawer filled with books and coloring pages. Pulling out a book the cover filled with many different birds all different colors each different sizes and different type. A smile covered the girls features here brown eyes lighting up at the sight of the book.

Placing the book into the girls hands along with a pack of color crayons and a sharp pencil Dale smiled at the girls excited state.

"When you see a bird outside find the page that has the same bird and color it" he smiled as the girl flipped through the book. A smile on her face she happily flipped through the book until her gaze found the page that read in bold letters Cardinal pulling out the red and black the girl began to fill in the bird. "Here's some other books that may catch your eyes have any you'd like" Dale smiled setting three more books like the one in her hands down.

"Thank you Dale" Kendra smiled at the man who nodded with a smile on his face.

I love these twos grandfather and grand daughter realationshil