.18

Sofia. That's all that was on Kendra's mind as she stepped outside watching as Daryl walked towards the horse stable. Looking from the man who kept so quiet and back to the home Kendra followed quickly after the man, a blank expression on her face as she stepped into the barn. Watching him pull a saddle onto a horse.

Grunting as he looked to the Walsh girl who held herself up, a small knife on her belt loop. "I'm coming too" Kendra quickly stuttered out, a unidentified staring contest going on between the two. Expecting him to shut her down, Kendra was already ready to fight back and convince him to let her go. "Fine" he shrugged climbing onto the horse, holding out his hand to help the girl up onto the tall animal.

Taken aback Kendra tilted her head at the Dixon whom was growing impatient by her waiting. "that's it?" Kendra questioned as she took his hand in her own. Pulling herself onto the horse. A faint smile on her face, Daryl whistled to the horse, his face blank not even a faint smile on his face.

The sun had to remorse as it beat down against their skin. The wind blew softly through the leaves, mixing the scent of dead leaves, the arua of fall coming.

Fall was always the Walsh girls favorite season. The way it made her feel at home just made everything feel all the better. Fall gave her the feeling of reassurance.

The branches were naked of leaves, a small ribbon blew with the wind stuck on one of the branches, the red ribbon blew away flying past the girls face.

Looking ahead of the horse, startled Kendra was thrown off the horse landing harshly on her back. Her vision going in and out Kendra sucked in as much air as her lungs would allow rolling to her side. Looking around Kendra found no sign of Daryl. Forcing herself up using a tree for balance Kendra slowly walked to the edge holding onto her stomach. Peering over the side of the ledge Kendras eyes widened.

Turning on her heel Kendra started to run back towards camp. A hand gripped the girls ankle pulling her to the ground with a yelp, looking to her foot Kendra let out a yelp kicking at the walker. Her shaky hand gripped the handle of her knife driving the blade through the walkers skull Kendra sighed leaning back against the tree. She just needed to shut her eyes.

I still have covid and I wanna go back to school:( never thought I'd say that lmao