.13

Civilian wye oak

Kendra's head rested against the rv window, her eyes boring into the window it could break under her harsh gaze. It had been less than 24 hours since CDC, and Kendra was beating herself up over what had happened. She knows she couldn't of done anything because it was out of her power but she still felt bad.

"I told Rick we needed a new hose" Dale grumbled as the rv started to smoke, pulling to a stop Dale was quick to jump down from the rv meeting with the others from other vehicles.

"Is it fixable?" Rick questioned Dale nodded, before walking back to the rv. Stepping down the stairs of the rv Kendra walked down to where everyone was gathered around. Scowls on there face, "I don't wanna be looking through a graveyard" Lori spoke to Carol whom simply nodded her head at he words.

Rolling her eyes Kendra walked back into the RV sitting at the table across from Andrea who was busy with her gun. To busy to notice the girl sitting in front of her.

Sending the girl a quick glance Andrea sighed softly realizing it was simply the Walsh girl.

"I don't understand why you want that" Kendra mumbled to Andrea eyeing the gun in pieces on the table. Quirking a brow at the girls sudden words Andrea shrugs her shoulders. "Because it's used for safety Kendra" the blonde hissed out between her teeth as she stared down at the gun in her hands aggressively trying to put it together.

"They kill people" Kendra corrected the woman who rolled her eyes at the Walsh girls antics. "they also kill the dead, Kenny" Kendra winced at the name that so smoothly rolled off Andreas tongue. Carl was the only one who ever called her Kenny, the only one who ever actually put in the effort to giving her a nickname. "Please don't call me that" Kendra mumbled sucking in a deep breath, she knew it was her fault that her and Carl weren't talking but she didn't care, she wanted something that he was taking from her, she could only hope what she wanted hadn't been taken completely yet.

"Well, Kendra, we need guns they keep people alive" Andrea stated a matter of factly, a smirk on her face as she told Kendra those words. "They kill people Andrea, you just wouldn't understand" Kendra shrugged, leaning he had against the window again. Her eyes widening at the walkers outside the window limping past. "Andrea" the name fell from her lips in a whisper as she pointed outside.

Andrea acted quick as she pulled the girl up grabbing the pieces of her weapon walking towards the bathroom, shutting the door with a soft sigh pressing her finger to her lips looking to the girl with wide eyes. Kendra nodded breathing heavily, trying to calm her nerves. Handing the girl a small pocket knife that fit perfectly in her hands looking over the delicate knife Kendra opened the weapon holding it tightly in her right hand.

Flicking the silver blade out Kendra pressed her back against the wall breathing heavily, her hand clamped over her lips as if that could conceal the heavy breathing she kept letting out.

Pushing her brown locks behind her ears she stared at the door, her heart dropping at the sound of teeth snapping, looking over to Andrea who quickly shook her head trying to calm the girl down who squeezed her eyes shut begging that this was all just a dream. That there wasn't actually a walker walking around aimlessly in the RV. Andrea sighed at the sound of the walker leaving, before tryin to quickly put her gun back together, a small piece slipped from her hands clattering against the hardwood floor.

Kendras eyes widened snapping towards Andrea who let out a quiet whimper. Turning towards the door, Kendra prayed silently that the walker didn't hear it. Maybe she didn't pray fast enough, or quick enough because the door started to get banged against. The walkers hands pounded against the door growling and snarling trying to reach to two females, letting out a whimper Kendra leaned her back against the door looking up towards the ceiling meeting Dales worried eyes. Looking to the knife in the girls hands he looked from the knife to her silently telling her to do it.

Shaking her head Kendra looked over her shoulder at the walkers face. Moving away from the door Kendra tightly held the knife looking up to Dale who nodded again, placing her hand on the door Kendra shoved the knife down with all her force landing it she could muster she let out a small cry as the knife lodged itself in the walker head.

Sighing it relief Kendra let her body slump against the door, shutting her eyes, she didn't know weather to be proud of herself or not. She protected herself and Andrea but she didn't know if she should be happy she used a weapon, something she promised her mother she'd never touch or use.

××××
Okay idk how to feel bout this but whatever! We keep getting little glimpses about her mother/past this all will get revealed later on!