.21

Demons

Running, that's all Kendra could do. That's what her body would do. It didn't give her a choice, but she didn't feel upset about it, not even the pain in her legs. The sounds of growls echoing in her head and tears running down her face. She was alone. Again. Everyone was dead, and she couldn't do anything to fix it, and she, was at fault.

Her chest rose and fell quickly when she forced her eyes open, they screamed to be closed but against what she felt she sat up her eyes scanning the room. Eyes widening when she seen Daryl beside her. His eyes shut, and shit arms crossed over his chest. Leaning over Kendra grabbed a small cup filled with pencils gently throwing one at him startling him awake. "Don't do that" he grumbled throwing it back at her, a frown on his face as he blankly stared at the girl.

"You're an idiot" he grumbled, staring at the ground. His eyes burning holes into it, like he was angry, so he wanted the floor to feel his pain, if that even made sense. "That's mean" Kendra shrugged throwing the blanket off her body. Staring at the bandages on her thigh, frowning at the tight feeling. "But I'm glade you're not dead" he added watching as she slid on her boots. Nodding slowly at his words.

"What're ya doin'?" He questioned as she stood up sliding her knife in the holster. "I nearly died, was gone for nearly two weeks, I'm not staying in here alone. I'm tired of being alone" Kendra shrugged limping out of the room followed by Daryl was watched her limp down the steps. Pushing his hands away when he tried to help her. A agitated frown on her face when he kept grabbing onto her shoulders to steady her body.

Pushing open the front door the sun was nearly gone and the moon looked down on them. Watching as they salvaged what they had, and what they had was each other.

Kendra had taken the time to truly think, think about everything. And she knew what was keeping her up that night, Carl. He was truly her friend but she ruined that, so she avoided his eyes. Looking anywhere but him, anywhere other than who she longed to hug, and share laughs with again.

Instead she stared at the ground. Suddenly feeling so, guilty.

Authors Note
Ight, soo? Is
this going to fast?