XXIX | heroes day; part¹

Start from the beginning

At this point the whole class was looking at you, including Marinette. You see a small flush of blush spread across Marinette's cheeks, and a subtle smile appear. Lila's eyebrow twitches on screen, as she tries to keep her fake smile up. "I'm sure Ladybug would be very impressed by what you're doing!" Ms Bustier encouraged.

"Thank you for your encouraging words. I'm sorry but it's late here. As you can see behind me, the sun's already going down. See you soon!" Lila waves at everyone through the screen before hanging up.

"Well, it won't be easy living up to Lila's standards, but let's not forget we can all be heroes for this one day! We may not all have Prince Ali as a friend, but..." Ms Bustier gets cut off by the principal bursting through the classroom in his owl costume.

"We do have imagination! Hoo! Hoo!" A picture is displayed on screen of Catwoman, Ladybug, Rena Rouge, and a photoshopped picture of Mr Owl with them. "This year, Ladybug and Catwoman have been our heroes, protecting us from Hawkmoth! They've shown us heroism is beyond comic books and fairy tales! Heroism is real and it is up to you to show how Ladybug and Catwoman have brought out the best in all of us, by being everyday heroes!"

Ms Bustier nodded her head in agreement. "That's a very heroic thing to say! So what heroic deeds have you all planned? Nino?"

Nino stood up, "i've gotta admit, I never used to do anything for anyone before, but Catwoman and Ladybug have shown me what being cool's really about!" Nino talked with excitement. "So this year, ill visit the elderly down at the retirement home and play them all their favorite songs!" Nino sat back down, and Ms Bustier called on Adrien next.

Now Adrien stood up, speaking soon after. "I've planned to give my fencing classmates a lesson in Chinese, and my Chinese classmates a lesson in fencing!"

"Alya?"

"Last year, I wrote an article about providing disabled access. But after seeing Ladybug and Catwoman going that extra mile, every single day, I decided I could do better! So I got the mayor to improve facilities so handicapped kids can attend our school!" The teacher and principal clapped along with a few other students in the class.

"What about you, [Y/N]?"

You kept your hands on your desk as you stood up, now being the speaker. "My mom and I are giving away all the fruits and vegetables we've grown this year to a local food drive for people in need of food." You sat back down while Ms Bustier clapped, and lastly called on Marinette.

"Uh... yeah... so, I have macaroons." Marinette held up a box of Macaroons nervously.

"Like every year?" Chloe said with a hint of backhandedness in her voice. "You obviously went above and beyond, Dupain-Cheng."

Alya stood up, quick to Marinette's defense. "Hey! She did what she could. It's better than nothing!"

"Hey, I am doing something! I'll be signing autographs for anyone who wants one!"

Marinette's voice cuts in again. "Wait! It's not just macaroons for us! I'm actually organizing a school-wide macaron tasting!" The class "ouu"s at Marinette. "Yeah! And there'll be more than just macaroons. There'll be pastries, pies, fruits, and cakes! I invite everybody to the biggest tasting ever at the park tonight!"

"Cakes for everyone!" Ivan chants.

You set your backdown behind the counter, getting ready to help your mom prep the foods. You washed your hands and put gloves on. Your mom handed you an apron so you wouldn't get your school clothes dirty. Each fruit and vegetable had their own basket.

Some baskets were already full, and some had nothing in them. You began picking carrots out of the garden and putting them in their labeled basket. Your mom told you that you'll both wash the fruits and vegetables after they are all done.