XII | Volpina

As you walked in the school, the only thing people were talking about was Lila. Lila this, Lila that. "[Y/N]!" You heard Adrien yell. You looked up seeing Adrien with a girl you'd never seen before. You walked up, the new girl immediately rushing to you with sweet smile and a handshake. "Hi! I'm Lila. You must be [Y/N], of course." You nodded, giving her a smile in return.

"I am. I hear everyone talking about you, Lila." Lila leaned on your arm resting her head on your shoulder. "Well, life as a celebrity can be hard. Adrien understands, right Adrien?" Adrien scratches the back of his neck awkwardly. "Uh, yeah."

"You know, Adrien was talking a lot about you." She whispers in your ear. "Are you two together." You quickly shake your head. "No. Just friends."

"Oh, good. Let's go." Lila stands between you and Adrien, holding your wrist in one hand and Adrien's in another. She leads you both to the library sitting at one of the tables. "I'll be right back." She said before leaving to get another book.

Adrien looks around for a minute, nudging you for your attention. "Look at what I found." He takes out a big book, opening it to the middle. It was of superheroes. Not just any superheroes. It had what you assumed was information of the miraculous; either written in another language or code, you couldn't understand it. Your eyes widen, flipping through a few of the pages quickly to glance at the pictures. "Where did you find this?" You asked.

"I found it in a safe. My dad-" he cuts himself off, you cover the book with another book when Lila comes back. "We can all work on that history project together. It's better we do it together, don't you think?" She eyes the book sat between you, pulling it closer to her. "What's that?"

"N-nothing, just stories about... superheroes." Adrien covers. She puts her hand over Adrien's looking at him with big innocent eyes. "I love superheroes."

She flips through the pages giving you time to look at them for longer too. Her eyes linger on a fox-like one longer than she did the others. She gasps landing on the page with Ladybug. "She's amazing." Adrien gushes. Lila picks up her chair moving to sit closer to Adrien. "A girl doesn't need to wear a costume to be amazing, you know?"

While the two were distracted with each other, you took the book back bringing it in front of you, then slowly distancing yourself from them. "You know, I happen to be very close friends with Ladybug." You side eye her, waiting for her to say more. "Really?" She nods. "We can chat more about it if you want, not here though. Why don't we meet at the part after school. And [Y/N]," She paused, you looked back up at her seeing the same sweet smile as before. "I want you to come too. I like you. And you too seemed interested in Ladybug." 

You looked at her with wide eyes, quickly going back to a small smile. "Okay. I'll see you then, Lila." Adrien's phone dings with him quickly standing up. "I gotta go. I've got a lesson in fifty eight seconds." He rushed putting all his books in his bag. You looked at Adrien then the book. You shook your head facing away from the two, sliding it in your backpack then walking away waving.

You sped walked away from everyone, trying to get home. Something felt off, like someone was following you. You abruptly stopped walking, looking around to see if anyone really was watching you. Just as you were about to start walking again, a small bam sound is heard in the ally around the corner. You cautiously walk closer, just peaking your head around.

Shocked overcame you, eyes wide, and mouth slightly open. It was Marinette on the ground rubbing her head. "Marinette? Are you okay?" You asked, seeing as she looked a little dizzy. She held the wall next to her helping herself back on her feet. "Y-[Y/N]! Yeah I'm okay!"

You scratch the back of your neck looking to the side. "Uh... were you... following me?"

Her faced paled, every bit of color draining from her face. She looked embarrassed- no more than embarrassed if it was possible. "I-I-I- well- I was at the library and past you and Adrien, and the book you two had looked interesting and well I just-" You almost couldn't comprehend what Marinette had said, she was talking so fast.