XVII | The Dark Owl

The school bell rang and students packed up their stuff walking out the class. You walking by Nino, with Adrien on his other side. Nino went on and on about a online gaming battle and invited you and Adrien to play along with him. "Online gaming battle? I'm free!" Adrien said.

"Wait til you check out my weaponry! You wont stand a chance." He bragged. Mr. Damocles stood in front of Nino clapping his hands. "Come on, chop-chop, hurry along now!"

You groaned tiredly, you posture slouching a bit. "Sorry, Nino. I won't be able to make it. I've got to help my mom with something at home."

"Again? We haven't played all week!" You sighed, looking back at Mr. Damocles rushed to to close the door. "I know, but I'll play as I can."

"Okay... I guess it's just you and me Adrien." Nino looked at Adrien. Adrien lowered his brows with an offended look on his face. "You say that like it's a bad thing." You laughed sharing a mocking look with Adrien.

You waved at the two going separate ways. You immediately ran home putting all your school stuff away. "Seriously?! This guy again?" Plagg cried. "I know. I know, Plagg. We'll do something about him soon. Plagg, claws out!"

On the way to the park you ran into Ladybug, who of course was going the same way as you. You gave each other a tired look, without saying anything. Once you landed, you saw Mr. Damocles pathetic attempt at saving a cat stuck in the tree. The cat hiss and attacked Mr. Damocles causing them both to fall. You caught the cat while Ladybug got Mr Damocles. "Mr. Dam- uh, owl! This is the fifth time this week we've come to your rescue!"

You held the cat by your chest comfortingly, it really seem to like you. "You're gonna get yourself hurt one of these days! At least wear a helmet."

"But you don't wear a helmet!" Mr. Damocles pouted. The news station pulled by the park running out the car with cameras and microphones. "Mr. Owl, we've told you already, it's the same for us. We're real heroes." Ladybug told him.

You walked over to the mother and son handing them back their cat. "Thank you, Catwoman." The mother whispered. You gave her a small nod and smile before walking beside Ladybug. "With real superpowers and magic suits."

"I know, but since I was a little boy, I only ever dreamed of becoming a real superhero." One of the reporters shoved a mic by him while he talked. A couple firemen came to help Mr. Damocles get safely on the ground.

"Thanks for the advice from my good friends, Ladybug and Catwoman. I am certain I will do better next time." You and Ladybug both put your heads down, saddened that Mr. Damocles obviously took the advice the wrong way. "I will be reviewing my weaponry and training, because, whenever there's injustice, there's... The Owl! Hoo!" Mr. Damocles posed for the camera, then sprayed a strong cologne. "Owl mist!"

The camera followed Mr. Damocles as he ran away (even catching him trip over a bush). The camera turned back you you and Ladybug. "Any comments, Ladybug and Catwoman?"

"Err, you know, he's a great guy. But, to all the children of Paris, you mustn't copy him, okay?" You stood there awkwardly for a minute then nodded your head. "Ladybug's right. So, don't try this at home. Okay, kids?"

Later that day, you and Ladybug sat on the roof a building facing the Eiffel Tower. A real romantic view, you thought. It was beautiful; the orange-yellow colored sky from the sunset making it all the more better. But considering the circumstances of why you're sitting there, it takes away part of a romantic feeling, unfortunately.

"The principle, Mr. Damocles, has a good heart, but this is bound to end badly. And we can't spend all our time watching out for him, either." Ladybug yawned. "It's turning to a full-time job."