XV | Despair Bear

"I'll let you in on a little secret. I always add cream to the chocolate to make the ganache extra velvety. Then I let it infuse for one minute." Mr. Dupain-Cheng was currently giving out baking lessons and tips to the whole class. You all gathered around the teachers deck in the front while he showed you what to do when baking certain pastries.

"I love these pastry lessons." Adrien whispered over to you. You nodded in agreement taking your eyes of the dessert and on Adrien. "Right. I like baking myself, so these lessons are helpful."

"I've never done any baking." Adrien said. You quietly gasped, giving him a shocked look. "Seriously?"

"Yeah, my chef always did it for me." You paused, slowly nodding this time. "Oh..."

"Look at this lovely emulation." Mr. Dupain-Cheng tilted the bowl to show everyone what the mixture looks like. "Now we need to chill it for half an hour. Marinette?" Everyone looked at Marinette, who turned to her dad confused like she hadn't been paying attention. "Yes, dad?"

"Could you put this in the cafeteria fridge, please? In the meantime, I'll show your friends how to whip up egg whites." Marinette took the bowl and headed out the door. Mr. Dupain-Cheng set everything up for his new lesson, but got cut off by the school alarm going off.

Ms. Bustier signaled for everyone to walk out the class, she walked in the back making sure everything got out the room. "Quietly, students! Single-file line! Just keep moving."

Once everyone was was out in the court, the principal came out with a fireman next to him. "So, some smart aleck had the bright idea of calling the fire department!" Everyone looked around confused. "Somebody thought it would be funny to waste the fire department's valuable time."

"Yes, in fact, I'd you wouldn't mind, I-" the principal stopped the fireman from walking away. "Hold on! I want the guilty party to apologize to you."

"I'm sure it was Chloe." You heard Marinette whisper to Alya. "I saw her on the phone right before the alarm went off." Alya pushed her glasses up the bridge off her nose. "You seeing her making a phone call isn't solid proof."

"Mr. Damocles, sir?" Chloe called. "Yes, miss. Bourgeois?"

"I saw a student leaving the classroom right before the alarm went off. It must've been her." Chloe said, obviously speaking of Marinette. "Really? Who was it?"

"Let's see if she'll come clean. What do you say, Marinette Dupain-Cheng?" Chloe pointed her fingers at Marinette. "Marinette, do you have something you want to tell the firefighter captain?"

"Uh, wait. Excuse me, sir, but it couldn't have possibly been Marinette. Why would she disrupt her own fathers cooking?" You defended. "And I know for a fact she didn't have her phone on her when she left the classroom." Alya added.

"Mr. Damocles, I must be heading-"

"Just one more second! We're very close to discovering the truth."

"Well, we all know it can't be me." Chloe smirked. Marinette started whispering again, until Adrien came, putting his hand on her shoulder. "Hang on, Marinette. We don't know for sure that it was her."

"He's right. Let's not stoop to her level." Alya agreed.

"I really have to leave now. Just call me if you find out who the prankster is." Mr. Damocles stopped the fireman once more. "Fine! Since no one is owning up, the whole school will be punished."

"What? I'm not so sure my father will react kindly to me being punished without proof!" Chloe yelled, angrily calling her dad. Mr. Damocles put his hands up telling her to stop. "Oh, no, please! Don't disturb the busy mayor! The whole school is punished except for miss Bourgeois!"  Chloe smirked. "That's more like to."