XI | Gamer

The whole class was gathered around the library playing a video game. Currently, it was Max against Adrien. You were hoping to play after Adrien and get a chance at beating Max. No one had beaten Max just yet. The game ended with Adrien losing, to his disappointment; and Max having a victory grin on his face.

"Can I try?" You asked. Max nodded, you took the seat Adrien was just sitting in. "You got this, [Y/N]!" Adrien called, walking back towards Nino. Your heart was beating quick with anticipation. The countdown started, you bit your lip out of pure focus on the game, basically pressing random buttons as fast as you could. You were probably close to breaking the controller with how strongly you were gripping it. The game ended with you just barely beating Max, cheering in excitement.

Max sighs. "Awesome job, we're gonna make a killer combo." You both high-fived proudly. Adrien then came up to you giving you a fist bump. The principle came up to the both of you. "Well I think we have our champions for the-"

"Wait!" Someone yelled. You looked to see it was Marinette peaking from one of the book isles. "Is it too late to try out?" Everyone gasped at her.

"Well, the library is closing up in five minutes, but..."

Marinette walked up to one of the seats holding her hand out for one of the controllers. From the corner of your eye, you see Alya waving her arms like she were trying to get Marinette to stop. You hand her your controller regardless, walking over to Adrien and Nino.

Max and Marinette shook hands before beginning the game against each other. "You did so good." Adrien praised. You bowed playfully, laughing along with him. "I was so concentrated I nearly bit my tongue off."

The next thing you here was Marinette's cheering and dancing. You turned around seeing she'd won, and gotten a higher score than you. Max looked disappointed, of course, who wouldn't be disappointed if in his position. He pushes his glasses up the bridge of his nose keeping his head down. "I accept this defeat. I relinquish my position in the tournament. Congratulations, Marinette and [Y/N]." You walk up to him putting your hand on his shoulder to be some sort of comfort. He walks away looking at the floor sadly, a couple people calling out to him. "Look, I'm fine. I lost fair and square, but if you don't mind, I'd like some solitude."

"So, Marinette Dupain-Cheng and [Y/N] [L/N] will represent Françoise Dupont high school at the Ultimate Mecha Strike three tournament. Good luck to both of you." The principal announced.

"I guess I'll go over to yours to practice?" You said, sounding more like a question than a statement. "Yeah." Marinette nodded probably a millions times. You gave her a small smile and wave. "I'll see you later then."

You walked back toward Adrien, who was giving you a sly smirk. Thank whoever for Nino not being around right now. You raised a brow at Adrien making a little "hm?" Sound.

"You and Marinette... hanging out at her place... alone." You shoved his shoulder causing him to laugh. "Cmon, Adrien. We're aren't going to be alone. Her parents will be home."

"Right..."

You frowned, rolling your eyes. "I shouldn't have told you about this stupid crush." Adrien shook his head and his finger in front of your face. "No, no, no. I'm just here to support you is all." He then put both his hands on your shoulders looking straight into your eyes. "And all I'm saying is, good luck."

It had been an hour since the tryouts for the gaming contest, and you were just entering the bakery where Marinette's parents work at. Marinette sent you her address not long ago so now you were making your way upstairs to the second floor. Mrs. Dupain-Cheng opened the door welcoming you with a bright smile.