Chap 30 : After You Leave

After going out to lunch and enjoying a little date with JungKook, JungKook sends YoonGi back to the company he works at. JungKook dropped off YoonGi right in front of his studio. Before he left YoonGi, he said goodbye. But when he turns to leave YoonGi, YoonGi holds him back.

"Koo..." YoonGi held the end of JungKook's sleeve. That made his steps stop, turning back towards the smaller. JungKook smiled at him, gently grasping both of his husband's hands. YoonGi gave the bunny a small smile in return.

"Hmm?" JungKook rubbed the back of YoonGi's hand gently. YoonGi swears that makes him feel loved!

YoonGi shook his head before suddenly throwing himself to hug JungKook. JungKook was a little surprised by YoonGi's actions but then trapped YoonGi in his warm arms. "Nothing. I just want to say I love you." JungKook kissed YoonGi's crown, taking in the scent of his hair.

"I love you too." Then, JungKook pecked that thin pink lips. "But why all of a sudden?"

"I just want you to know that."

"Hmm. I know it." He nodded.

They just exchanged glances.

For a moment.

"If something bothers you and if you want to talk to someone, you know I'm always there for you."

"Thank you. I know you always will."

"My class will start soon."

"Oh, right. You should go."

They both shared a kiss then they waved each other off. JungKook walked away, leaving YoonGi to go to his class. While YoonGi turned the knob of his studio door after not seeing JungKook's presence anymore. After he entered, someone's voice was heard, making him flinch visibly.

"I've been waiting a long time."

YoonGi immediately looked for the owner of the voice. Who else but HoSeok. HoSeok was sitting on a couch in his studio. YoonGi looked at him with a frown. Just as YoonGi wanted to speak, HoSeok cut him off. He knew what YoonGi would say. He was very familiar with the smaller character.

"I didn't break the passcode and got in. JiMin opened the door for me so I entered." HoSeok explained briefly.

"Fine." YoonGi took a seat next to HoSeok. "Straight to the point. What do you want to talk to me about?"

"I just want to know how you are... And JungKook. I heard you two also got married on contract." HoSeok looked at YoonGi straight. "How is your life now? Are you happy now that you are married to him?" Without hesitation, YoonGi nodded confidently.

"Yes, I am happy with him. We didn't get married just because of a contract but because of love as well."

"That's good." HoSeok whispered.

HoSeok looked away, picked up a cup of coffee on the coffee table, blew a little before taking a sip. YoonGi just stared at HoSeok's every move. He didn't blink at all. HoSeok has changed a lot. This is not the HoSeok YoonGi knows. HoSeok who noticed, spoke up.

"Why are you looking at me like that?"

"You changed." YoonGi said, making HoSeok freeze for a moment. "You used to always smile and be very friendly with everyone. You never stop talking because you have so many stories to tell." A pause. "I haven't seen your smile and your little dimples since you left me..."

"I am sorry." HoSeok said with an expressionless face. "My smile is gone after I see you with someone else."

"But you said you knew the truth a few days after you left me!" YoonGi felt tears gather in his eyes.

"Yes, I know you didn't cheat on me."
It is a misunderstanding and a misconception.

"So, why are you still not... smiling?"

"Maybe my smile went away after I saw that moment with my eyes. I also thought I could smile again after knowing everything was a misunderstanding but... You're married. I can't have you anymore. How can I smile again if you are the reason why I smile?"

"Seokie..." YoonGi bit his tongue.

"Don't call me that."

"Sorry--" YoonGi cut himself off with a gasp when HoSeok suddenly hugged him. "Seokie--!"

"Maybe I won't get you back and you definitely don't want me to mess up your marital happiness with your husband..." HoSeok take a breath before continuing, "At least let me hug you one last time and say goodbye properly."

With that, they hugged for the last time as HoSeok wanted, crying in each other's arms. YoonGi is happy that HoSeok accepts his marriage with JungKook. Honestly, HoSeok is one of the people who bring happiness in YoonGi's life and YoonGi will always remember HoSeok.

Thank you for making me feel happy in the past, Seokie.