Chap 29 : Losses

After the weekend, they continue to do their daily work as usual in the company. Now it's almost lunch time, YoonGi heads to the elevator to go downstairs. On his way to the elevator, he stops at the dance practice room where JiMin trains the company's trainees. He wants to tell that he can't have lunch with JiMin today because JungKook is coming to pick him up.

"Hey, how's work? It's all good?" YoonGi knocked on the door before entering. JiMin nodded in response.

"Just fine. They are well trained."

"I'm sorry I can't have lunch with you today. JungKook will pick me up later." YoonGi told.

"I figure that. Tae texted me earlier that JungKook wants to go on a little date with you. He also told me he had work and apologized for not being able to accompany me to lunch." JiMin told, packing his things to go to lunch. Hearing that, YoonGi felt guilty for leaving JiMin alone.

"Hey, are you going alone? You can join us you know. I don't think JungKook mind." YoonGi replied.

"I will be the third wheel. I'm--"

"You can have lunch with me."

Suddenly, they heard a voice other than them. Both YoonGi and JiMin looked at the voice at the same time. The owner of the voice was well dressed from head to toe. His hair was neatly combed back and he was dressed in a full suit. His handsomeness and maturity are evident!

"HoSeok!?" YoonGi's eyes widened.

"Yes, that's me. Nice to meet you both. Sorry if I showed up uninvited." HoSeok looked at JiMin before saying, "From what I heard, you don't have a friend to have lunch with. I happen to be the same. We can have lunch together if you want. Besides, I do have something to talk to you both about." HoSeok straight to the point.

YoonGi and JiMin looked at each other before JiMin opened his mouth. "We apologize for--" HoSeok raised a hand.

"No need. YoonGi has already apologized on behalf of both of you because you tried to deceive me."

"So, what do you want to talk about?" YoonGi asked.

"I want to talk to you both... in person. Since you are going to lunch with Mr Jeon, I will talk to you after." HoSeok looked at the person next to YoonGi. "For you, I will take the opportunity to talk to you at lunch, Park JiMin." Hearing the man say his name, JiMin was shocked.

"How do you know me--!?"

"Your father told me."

•~~~•~~~•~~~•

The food they ordered was served in front of them. Seeing HoSeok starting to enjoy his meal, JiMin did the same. After a few bites, HoSeok put down his spoon and fork then wiped his mouth with a napkin. He began to speak.

"Like I said earlier, it was your father who told me about you. Your father used to work with me and now wants to open his own business. Before doing a business, he needs capital. It just so happens that he knows I still don't have anyone so he wants me to marry you. That way, my company and your father's new company will be business partners. And his new company will be successful in no time because my company is already booming now." HoSeok summarizes the story.

"Oh, like that. I didn't know my father had already started his plan. I thought he would at least tell me about this arranged marriage. This is really sudden and surprising..." JiMin took a breath before telling, almost whispering. "He doesn't even know I already have someone..."

"So, you already have someone?"

JiMin nodded. "I want to tell you about this. I think it's wrong if I marry someone else when I have someone else in my heart." A pause. "Actually, I want... I want to be with him." HoSeok stopped chewing for a moment when he heard that before going back to chewing.

"Frankly, I said." HoSeok sipped his drink then continued, "I don't care if we want to cancel this marriage. You can go back to your lover and I'm free too." Then, he looked at JiMin straight. "I have nothing to lose but your father."

"But, can't you just--"

"This is how. I give you a week to think about this. Talk together with your lover. Choose either marry me to help your father or go with your lover and find a way to help your father's business." HoSeok gives a suggestion and of course JiMin is grateful that he doesn't have to make a decision now. He can also talk to TaeHyung first.

This is a very difficult choice and will determine his future. Not only his future but also with the future of the people involved. If he follows his heart, of course he wants to be with TaeHyung, the person he loves so much. But if he took that path, how would he help his father? If he doesn't marry this Jung HoSeok guy, his father will lose. A big loss.