Chapter 32:

I keep my composure, however my smirk slips through my mask. "As much as I would love to, there's a bath calling both our names right now."

"So? Who said anything about not enjoying our time fully in the warm water?" She raises her brow and pushes herself back and onto my lap, straddling me.

I really want to. Obviously. But I know she's using this as a way to forget or numb it. I can't let that happen.

I sigh and she immediately begins shaking her head "I'm sorry Scar but-"

"No, no it's fine. I'll just go have my bath." She very quickly moves off me and walks into the bathroom. I hear the click of the lock after she slams but doesn't fully slams the door.

I roll over onto my stomach and look at the door.

Fuck.

I decide not to overthink this too much. She's just trying to wrap her head around everything. Maybe I should have gone along with it just to help her through this. God what was I thinking? She doesn't need this right now.

Slipping off the bed in self pity I take out some pyjamas from the suitcase, taking off my bra I pull the pyjamas on.

Why am I so stupid sometimes?

My attention is taken by the sparkle of a light in the corner of my eye. I look and see the city lit up in amber lights. The fresh air should clear my head a little bit, so I take my glass and sit at the table and chairs on the balcony. There's a breeze but nothing too cold for me to be forced to wear a jacket or dressing gown.

I bring my legs up in the chair, holding them up with my arms. Taking a deep breath I close my eyes and just try to think of what to say or whether I should say anything at all. I don't want to anger her more or upset her more.

No, I won't say anything.

But then again. I'm trying to help, she has no right to be mad at me. I'm not the bad guy here.

I spend a while staring at the spectacle they call the Eiffel Tower, thinking but not thinking. Feeling but not feeling. Waves of both. I'm unsure if I did something wrong or if it's just her reacting badly. I'm unsure of a lot of things if I'm honest. All I know is that I need to make this better.

The sound of the bathroom door opening pulls me back into reality, I refuse to look. There's footsteps trailing around the room before going back into the bathroom. Probably grabbing some pyjamas and underwear.

The night breeze begins to become unbearable so I make my way back inside, I crawl onto the bed and wrap myself in the sheet. I don't plan on sleeping yet, I'm just waiting for her to leave the bathroom so I can prep for bed. However, I find myself waiting a while and before I know it...
Morning.

I had the worst migraine to start the day, the remnants of makeup smudged across my face, the worst morning breath of my life; and Scarlett was no where to be seen. Holding the side of my head I check the bathroom, not there. I check the balcony, not there. I check every nook and cranny, she isn't there. The tightness in my chest builds and the sickness begins to rise inside me, nothing bad has happened to her, there's no need to panic.
She just needs time.