Chapter 20:

{UNEDITED....I added to this chapter after the whole wifi situation so this is a longer one for you all 😌}

Me:
Thank you so much mom. It really means a lot to me, also lunch is on me tomorrow!

I then rename her number to Mom.

Mom:
No, lunch is on me, you'll need a full stomach for your performance my super star ⭐️

Me:
We will sort it tomorrow, thank you again mom x

Mom:
No problem honey 😘

I blush excitedly at the thought of me actually making it big. I never expected anything like this to happen. I then flick off the new contact and see Alex's. That's when the feelings I felt earlier in the day return.

'You okay darling?' I hear Scarlett's voice from the doorway leading to the stairs. I dart my eyes away from my phone and turn around swiftly on my heels.

'Yeah. Yeah I'm okay' I nod aggressively, reassuring her. She looks me analytically up and down, then directly into my eyes. She doesn't believe me. That's when I walk up to her and hold her hand 'Really, I am okay' I kiss her cheek lightly and head toward the stairs, still holding her hand. 'You coming up to bed or staying down here for a bit?'

Scarlett takes a moment to answer before letting out an exhale 'Yeah, I'll come up with you' She follows me up and we walk into her room. For the first time in a long time I'm afraid to fall asleep...I'm afraid that as soon as I close my eyes he will be there, on top of me, holding me down, with his hand gripping over my mouth.

I look down at my wrist and the bruising has gotten worse. There are distinct markings from his fingers pressing forcefully against my skin. I close my eyes taking a deep breath.

It's okay...Everything will be okay. I promise.

I then change into pyjamas, brush through my hair and join Scarlett to brush my teeth. Nothing is said. Not that I have anything to say anyway. I just want to sleep and forget. We finish up and slide into bed.

'It's your shorter lecture tomorrow so we can sit and have a nice breakfast if you'd like?' Scarlett sits up in the bed whilst I lay in my side, away from her. I'm sorry Scarlett, I don't mean to be so harsh. I don't know what's wrong with me, we just had such a good time and now I'm feeling like this. Almost nothing..

'Yeah. Sounds nice' I reply. I have no right to be so blunt to her. She's done so much for me, given me so much. For fuck sake she's letting me live with her. Why am I so stupid? Shit. Shit.

Scarlett hums as a response and turns off the light. I place my phone on the bedside table after setting an alarm and close my eyes. Scarlett turns away from me so our backs are facing each other and she falls asleep.

I. However. Find myself staring into darkness. Everything is running through me. Everything. It's like, just as there is an essence of quietness or calm, it makes for the perfect opportunity for all the thoughts I've been pushing to the back of my head to surface.

I do eventually close my eyes and fall asleep. But there he was. I was bound completely, my hands and feet tied to my apartment bedposts, my mouth gagged so any screams that escaped my lips would be inevitably muffled, and I was completely naked....Alex is standing at the base of the bed, staring at me until he lunges on top, pressing his body against mine.

'All these years of waiting. All these hear aid suffering from you have finally paid of my sweet' He brushes my hair and feels up my body. But I can't do anything. I'm completely helpless. I am nothing but an object now. I'm a marked object who's dignity and rights have been completely stripped away.