Chapter 24:

Unedited.
——————

I've been practicing for the role this past two weeks and attending acting classes, along with singing classes. All I know is that this movie is some sort of rom-com starring Tom Hiddleston, that there is crazy to me.
I'm not bringing my hopes up too much seeing how big of a movie this is and well I am completely new to all of this, but that small part of me is crossing its fingers.

'Alright that was perfect Y/n, let's run through it one more time and we can end the session for today' Kaitlyn writes down a few notes and looks back up to me.
I was introduced to Kaitlyn the day after I heard of my audition, Naomi brought me to the studio and well this is my fourth lesson. We've been working on adapting my range without emphasising my words, so just making the emotion seem more raw and real without making it cartoonish. Oh, I did tell you she's my acting coach right?

'Okay, I'll just call Scarlett to come over now to pick me up' I take out my phone, I'm not sure why but Scarlett has been insisting on taking me and picking me up from here, I'm getting the feeling she may be a little jealous. I love seeing her like that.

I call her and tell her to make her way in the next ten minutes, but she says she's coming anyway. Guess she'll be watching my little performance, I cannot wait to see her reaction.

'Okay I'm ready' I walk back over and sit down, taking the script and skimming through it quickly, before placing it back down and looking back at Kaitlyn whilst giving her a nod.

She starts 'I'm back' She reads Tom's lines.

'How was it?' I ask seemingly annoyed at Tom's character.

'Good, we went for a walk around the pier after dinner, talked about a few things' She reads them with a bit of emotion however not as much as the real thing would be.

'Cooool' I reply. There's a short silence and I continue 'So...are you going to see her again?'

'Uhm, well yeah if she wants to' She replies. I hear the sound of the door open and immediately feel Scarlett's presence, it's undeniable that she has the ability of intimidating anyone she comes into contact with. I know that for a fact as Kaitlyn's whole demeanour has changed.

'Oh, well okay' I look away from her and there's another silence that falls on the room.

'What's wrong?' Kaitlyn asks.

'Nothing, I'm happy for you!' I lie, well acting is lying so I'm lying all the time now. Sorry bad joke.

'Laura'

I sigh and take a deep breath 'I just don't think she's a good match for you'

'You were the one who set me up with her?' Kaitlyn questions with frustration in her tone.

'But hey I could be wrong, you two could end up married with ten kids and it wouldn't matter what I thought' I deflect and try to move the conversation on.

'You're just pissed off that I've actually found someone who I think I could have a future with' Kaitlyn continues.

'I'm not mad at you Liam!' I raise my voice.

'Then what is it?' She shouts as well.

'I love you okay!?' I confess, my heart beating as the adrenaline of the scene hits me.

'Perfect Y/n, absolutely perfect. In the audition they may ask you to do the full scene rather than this shortened version but we will work on that next time' She smiles and we both stand.

'Thanks Katie' I smile to her and we have a quick hug.

'Yes, yes. Well done My Love' Scarlett takes my hand and ever so slightly pulls me closer to her. 'I can see you're actually teaching her well so thank you' She tries to be nice but it's clear to hear the passive aggressiveness in her tone.