Chapter 3:

Me and Alex hang out for the rest of the day, chugging down pain killers and drinking cups upon cups of coffee.

'You need to calm yourself Y/n' My Best friend chuckles.

'I'm hungover, give me a break' I joke.

'So what time does the Professor want you over there?' He bites into his sandwich.

'Six, I don't know...something seems off with her' I confess.

'Hmm, maybe somethings happening in her own life..' Alex licks his Mayo covered lip.

'Maybe' I check the time on my phone and see a message from my father.

'Hey honey'

'Oh dad messaged me' I smile.

'Call him!' Alex beams.

I call him and put it on speaker.

'Hello?' He answers.

'Hey dad!' I chirp.

'Hey Charles!' Alex chirps too.

'Ohh afternoon Alex' My father cheers 'how have you been?'

'I've been amazing sir, how's things with you?' My best friend leans over my phone.

'I've been great bud, how's Uni?'

I sit there as Alex speaks to my father like I'm not there.

'You know I'm here too dad?' I joke.

I hear a chuckle through the phone 'sorry honey'

We all laugh and I carry on the conversation 'what's going on dad?' I ask.

'I was just wondering whether you would like to visit this weekend?' He offers.

I haven't seen him in so long.

'Yes of course! Me and Alex will be there' I raise my voice in glee.

'That's great, looking forward to hearing what my little girl has been up to' My father speaks in the tone he used for when I was a child.

'Alright dad that's enough' I laugh.

'No, no carry on' Alex jokes.

My father just snickers 'well I'm sure I'm keeping you both from your busy lives'

I check the time and see that it's five 'oh shit, yeah I need to go, I'll see you on the weekend'

'See you Charles' My best friend says his goodbyes.

'See you soon' My father adds before he ends the call.

'We should finish up here because it's five now' I start eating my food.

'Oh! yeah' Alex checks the time on my phone then takes a huge bite of his sandwich.

Idiot.

I laugh and Alex joins. We finish up our food giving a tip to the waiter, then jump into Alex's car.

'Do you want to just go to Uni now because we still have twenty minutes?' Alex asks.

'Yeah, might as well just get it over and done with' I ponder.

'Okay, I won't be able to wait for you because I need to sort some things, so just give me a call when you're finishing up' Alex adds.

'Alright' I reply.

Alex then drives me to Uni and I give him a kiss on the cheek before leaving, I felt thankful in that moment for some reason. Don't come for me.