Chapter 11:

{UNEDITED}

I wake up to arms wrapped around me. One of which was groping my breast. It made me think of waking up next to Scarlett, god I can't wait to see her. I didn't realise at first, who's hand that belonged to until I turned around.

Oh god.

I jump up off the bed, staring at my best friend who lays peacefully in sleep. Why did I question myself last night? Waking up next to him like I did didn't feel right. Fuck why am I so confused?!

Alex twitches awake and stretches. His eyes still closed. I don't think he's realised either...

'You okay?' He asks tiredly, his voice grizzly. I mentally slap myself in the face and smile.

'Yeah, yeah I'm good, I just forgot where I was for a second' I say.

My best friend sits himself up and reaches for his phone, checking the time. When he sees he then places the phone back where it was and lays back to sleep.

Lazy arse.

I then walk over to my phone and and check through my notifications. Immediately searching for Scarlett. When I found that she'd messaged me my heart races. Clicking on the message a satisfied smile appears across my face-

Professor Johansson:
We are having some words when you get back.

Hundreds of different scenarios run through my mind. None of which that even considered that this message was negative in any way.

I can't wait to go home.

I don't answer her message. It only adds to her frustration and I'm looking forward to my punishment. Shut up, I know what you're thinking.
I smile to myself as I nip to the bathroom before making my way downstairs. My dad was already down there.

'Hey dad...' I start the conversation with a shaky start as I open the fridge, searching for something to eat.

My father, who was reading a book on the sofa didn't answer. He's pissed...I get it.

I sigh and turn around 'I know I was a bit forward last night but what do you expect? You never told me you were with someone new, never mind engaged' I say annoyed. 'How long we're you guys even dating before one of you popped the question?'

He places his book down and adjusts his sitting position so he can see me 'Honey, I know I made a mistake not telling you. But your behaviour right now and last night is exactly why I didn't. I spoke to Robert about telling you for months, for which he agreed that it wouldn't be the best option to tell you yet.

I feel my anger brewing inside me. Alex's father knew. Does that mean Alex knew?

'Alex's father knew?!' I raise my voice. I don't care that it's early in the morning.

My dad stands up, his body language fully showing how his emotional state currently matches mine.

'Don't raise your voice Y/n' His tone turning to his angry father voice. Fucking great.

I just stare at him. I have so much to say but not enough synonyms to say it.

'You have a right to be annoyed. But that's no excuse to take it out on Jenna alright?' He starts off aggressive but slowly soothes.

But he was right. I need to spend some time with Jenna, really give this a go. Oh who am I kidding, I won't accept her even if she was an angel. See I'm using was because I know she's a bitch.

I pause for a moment and take a deep breath 'I don't trust her dad...' I murmur as I walk up toward him, forgetting to close the fridge door.

'Once you get to know her, you'll love her' Hw opens his arms to wrap me in a hug.