Chapter 4:

I can't tell Alex, I can't...But it was nothing...was it?

I call him and he doesn't pick up.

Well I was only twenty minutes.

I decide to sit on the curb of the car park and wait, scrolling endlessly on my phone. Chuckling to myself when I found a funny video.

Oh yeah, I need to show Alex that one.

It had been ten minutes when I hear tapping footsteps behind me, but I ignore them and continue scrolling.

'Do you need a ride?'

I hear her voice and immediately feel a tightening in my stomach. Not of hate, or any negative emotion at all. I don't know what it is.

I turn my attention from my glowing screen and to her. My Professor.

'I'm sure Alex will be here now' I reassure her, trying to hide my now reddening face with a smile.

My Professor's gaze darts from me to the corner of the building. She's looking at the cameras.

'Come on, I'm taking you home' She asserts, not asking this time.

Why is she looking at the cameras?

'You don't know where I live' I laugh as I push myself up off the curb.

'You can tell me during the ride' She gives a small smirk before clicking her keys, unlocking her car.

It was a grey Range Rover Evoque.

'Wow, this is a beautiful car' I watch over it all, in awe

'Thank you' My Professor opens the car door and steps in, closing the door after her.

I then walk around sitting shotgun. It's quiet...I'm just not going to mention what happened in the office.

'So what's your plan for when you've finished Uni?' My Professor starts as she pulls out of the car park.

'Uhmm, I'm not sure. There's a lot happening in the world that I'd like to change, or try to at least' I lean my arm on the car door.

'You could become president if you wanted' My Professor half jokes.

'Maybe I shall' I laugh.

'Where do you live?' She asks.

I tell her where and she adjusts course.

'So when did you decide you wanted to teach?' I ask wanting to get to know her more.

'I decided when I was about fourteen, I'm thirty now so that was many years ago' she chuckles.