Chapter 21:

{Unedited
So it's 1:30am and I've just finished this chapter. I'm too tired to read through it and edit it at all so do not bully me for any mistakes or repeats.
Thank you. Mwah 😘}

'Okay..' I reply. I'm nervous, not only to find out the lies I've been told but to find out all that she's been through.

'Me and your father were great, friends before I became pregnant. We married and it was...good' She says looking down as the waiter walks over.

'What drinks would you like to get you started then...I'm assuming friends?' He tilts his head.

My mother laughs. I giggle with her and she steps in 'No, she's actually my daughter' She takes my hand holding it tightly.

'Ohh well you convinced me' He laughs and we laugh with him 'well what can I get for you ladies?'

I should drink at this time but I will most definitely give me the confidence boost I need.

'Gin and tonic for me, whatever gin is the best you have' I answer. My mother's eyes widen.

'Really?' She raises her brow 'well I'll have a latte please' She looks back at him as he's writing it down.

'And are you ready to order your meals?' He asks raising his head from the small notepad. I'm not very hungry so maybe a sandwich will do me some good for now.

'I'll have the steak pie with chips please' My mother answers first. That does sound pretty good...

'Uhm, I'm not feeling very hungry so I'll have a jacket potato with cheese and beans' apparently that combo is nice...just hope that they offer it.

'I'm sure we can make both of those for you' He finishes writing it all down and bows his head 'I will return shortly with your drinks' He walks away and we return to our conversation. I decided not to start...felt it would be too pushy.

'...I didn't want to marry him. But I did. For you. I knew that having you grow up without your father would be damaging, I didn't want to put you through that' She looks up to me and smiles, taking my hand. I squeeze it trying to comfort her however I can.

'I won't say that I was very loyal to him. But nor was he. He hired a private investigator to follow me and well...he found out that not only was I sleeping with somebody else. That person was a woman' She stops for a second and shakes her head quickly before starting again 'I tried, I tried so hard to take you away from him, to protect you in every way I could but he won. He managed to find a judge that shared even overrun his hatred toward people like me. Like us now I guess' She giggles. I chuckle with her and she carries on 'Of course I stood no chance. I regretted it ever since, I tried to find you on your nineteenth birthday but you were gone. Neighbours told me you'd moved away, of course they didn't know where...I'm so sorry Y/n. All I wanted was for you to grow up with a family. A real family.' A few tears fall down her face and she quickly wipes them away.

'It's not your fault Mom, I forgave you as soon as I saw you. It's Dad that's the villain here' I take her hand and smile sweetly. She sighs with relief and sits up straight.

'Thank you sweetheart, I'm going to make sure you get the life that I should have given you' She takes out her phone 'starting with the audition' She taps away at her phone and I look over curious.

'What're you doing?' I ask her as I peer over the table.

'Making sure with Naomi that we're still on' She places her phone onto the table and looks up to me 'She says whenever you're ready, she'll reschedule others for you' Her smile is sweet and innocent, yet urging. It makes me want to go and do this audition now.