𝟎𝟒𝟐

CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO( vecna/henry/one )

CHAPTER FOURTY-TWO
( vecna/henry/one )

THE next morning came and Nancy was ready to talk about what she saw during her encounter with Vecna. They all gathered around in Luna and Max's living room, some of them were sitting on the couch, some were on the floor, and the others were standing, feeling too antsy and nervous to sit still. Luna was standing, the urge to pace holes into the carpet floors was strong, but for the most part, she was keeping herself together.

"He showed me things that haven't happened yet." Nancy told them, her voice hoarse and shaky as she recalls the memories. "The most awful things. I saw a dark cloud spreading over Hawkins. Downtown on fire. Dead soldiers. And this... giant creature with a gaping mouth. And this creature wasn't alone. There were so many monsters. An army. And they were coming into Hawkins. Into our neighborhoods. Our homes. And then... he showed me my mom. And Holly. Mike. And they... they were all..." Her voice breaks as she glances down, falling silent as a silent sob leaves her lips.

Luna's heart ached for the Wheeler girl who was trembling in the chair with her arms wrapped around herself, making herself look smaller than she was. For as long as she knew her, Nancy had always been strong, and to see her like this broke her heart. She couldn't imagine what it was like to not only face the monster that was causing all of this chaos, but to see such horrible things because of him.

Things that he said himself was going to come to pass.

"Okay, but... he's just trying to scare you , Nance." Steve attempted to assure her, lifting his head up. "Right? I mean... it's not real."

Nancy looked up from her lap, "Not yet." She whispered, "But there... there was something else. He showed me gates. Four gates. Spreading across Hawkins. And these gates, they looked like the one outside of Eddie's trailer, but... they didn't stop growing. And this wasn't the Upside Down Hawkins. This was our Hawkins. Our home."