𝟎𝟐𝟖

╔════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ════╗
MYSTIFYING

CHAPTER TWENTY-EIGHTThree Months Later  ╚════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ════╝

CHAPTER
TWENTY-EIGHT
Three Months Later
╚════ ════╝

THE PAST COUPLE months have been... hard. Luna didn't think she cared about Billy as much as she realized she truly did until it was confirmed that he was dead and gone. And he wasn't the only person who passed that night.

Nobody kept in touch with the adults on the walkie's so they all found out the next day that Jim Hopper was dead, too. According to Joyce he was fighting with the Russian guy who was after them and she had no time for him to make it back to safety before she closed the gate.

She said there wasn't a trace of him left after the explosion.

Poor Eleven spent most of her time at the Mayfield's where she gained a close bond with both Luna and Max as they grieved over the people they lost together. She and Max mostly stayed in her room but when she wasn't there Luna was teaching her how to use a bow and arrow.

The younger girl now powerless from overusing her ability expressed that she felt helpless that night at the mall, she said that she never wanted to feel that way again. So Luna did what she thought would help, she handed her the bow and arrow and told hed to give it a try.

After just a couple weeks Eleven was a natural, she fired the arrows in their backyard precisely and she was quick with her movements. Max was almost jealous that her best friend was better than her, but Luna just promised tht Max will get better with time.

Surprisingly coming back home went... alot better than she originally thought it would. Max went right to her room when theyr arrived and Luna pulled her mom and... Neil into the living room to tell them the truth after lying to them all summer.

But what happened... was not what she expected.

Susan revealed that she didn't care what Luna did with her life as long as she was happy, and then when Neil tried to intervene her mom put her foot down. She explained that the only reason that she was still with him was to keep him from seriously hurting Billy, she said that in the beginning her love for Neil was strong but watching him abuse him son for years on end put an end to those feelings she once had for the man. She called him a monster and filed for divorce.

Max came down the stairs and Luna held onto her shoulders as her mom finally stood her ground for once, she couldn't help the surge of pride swirling through her chest with a warm feeling. Pretty soon her mother was demanding that Neil packed his shit and got out of her house, but Neil unfortunately was not against hitting a woman.