𝟎𝟐𝟕

╔════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ════╗
MYSTIFYING

CHAPTER TWENTY-SEVENUnexpected Goodbyes  ╚════ ∘◦ ☆ ◦∘ ════╝

CHAPTER
TWENTY-SEVEN
Unexpected Goodbyes
╚════ ════╝

WHEN THEY MADE it back to the mall it was a chaos scene, there were rounds of shots being fired one at a time, she saw Nancy was the one holding the gun as she fired to her stepbrother's car. But the most frightening part of it all was that Billy was speeding right towards Nancy, and she was standing infront of the car trying to stop Billy from taking them all out in fell swoop.

It was all so clear, he was going to kill them.

"Steve, we have to do something." She gulped, "Now."

The dark haired boy nodded, "Hold on tight." She inclined her head in reply and held on to whatever she could, and then they were flying towards Billy's car with no intention of stopping.

And just like an action movie car crash, they slammed right into the side of Billy's car making him miss Nancy by just a hair. But it was enough to save her, Luna was breathing heavily as her hands trembled. She suddenly felt Steve's hand grab hers, she calmed down just slightly from his comforting touch.

"You okay?" He asked her gently, his gentle brown eyes laid on her.

Luna breathes out shakily, "Ask me tomorrow?"

She heard the sound of something stomping and she looked up and saw the top of the mall, her eyes widened like saucers and her lips were parted in both shock and pure and utter terror. Right on the top of the mall roof was the most horrifyingly giant fleshy spider monster that she had ever seen in her 18 years of living.

Things like this you only saw in horror movies, but her life itself nowadays is a horror movie so she shouldn't really be surprised.

As she was frozen kn shock she was pulled out of the haze by a horn honking, she looked over and saw Jonathan in the car window, she and Steve locked frightened eyes and hopped out of the Cadillac. When she got to the car she immediately felt a pang in her chest, her sister... was not with them.

"Where's Max?" She asked Nancy and Jonathan, her fist balling tightly by her sides.

"We... we lost her in the chaos." Nancy frowns, a look of guilt crossing her features.

"She was with Mike and Eleven, they're still inside somewhere." Jonathan says, "We're so sorry, Luna."

Luna nods, then she looks over at the mall with the huge monster still standing above it. She gulps before squeezing her balled fist and making a decision, "I'm not going with you guys, I'm sorry."