𝟎𝟑𝟓

◤CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE◥( failsafe letters  )

CHAPTER THIRTY-FIVE
( failsafe letters )

AFTER LEAVING THE school the night before, the Hawkins Gang all went to the one place that was unoccupied enough for them to stay at, the basement at the Wheeler residence. Since Mike was off in California visiting El and Will, the space was all theirs. Luna was pretty sure this was the first time she had ever actually been inside of the Wheeler house, and standing in the basement that night she could see why the kids all hung out there.

It was a pretty chill place.

When morning came she realized she had only gotten two hours of sleep, atleast. How could she sleep anyway? She had just found out that her sister could die in a couple hours, she expected to not get even a little rest after having that dreading thought floating around in her subconscious. After declining breakfast because the thought of food made her stomach churn, she left the house with Nancy and Robin.

The two girls had a plan to get into Pennhurst somehow, and Luna went along for the ride because she simply needed a good distraction. What she didn't know was that this distraction would take hours of the day, and by the time they made their way back to the Wheeler residence it was about 2pm in the afternoon.

They ran through the house, managing to avoid Nancy's parents and went through the door to the basement and down the stairs. As they charged down the steps, the three boys glanced up at them noticing they were back.

Nancy took the lead as she stood between both she and Robin. "So... we have a plan."

"Well, they have a plan." Luna stated, "I just came along with them.

"Well," Steve raised an expectant brow as he stood up from the chair he was sitting in, "Share with the class." Robin handed him the file she had in her hands, and he took it from her and opened it up as he sat back down to read it.

But before he did, he looked up at Luna. "Hey, come here." She walks over to him and he grabbed her wrist gently, "Sit with me?" Luna gave him a barely visible smile and nodded, then she sat down in the chair with him as he scooched over to give her some room.