𝟎𝟑𝟎

◤CHAPTER THIRTY◥( burning grilled cheeses )

CHAPTER THIRTY
( burning grilled cheeses )

THE PHONE RANG at the job that she was working a shift for out of the two that she had, since Steve was currently busy with a customer, she decided to place back a movie case she had in her hand. She was reorganizing a shelf that a bunch of teens had come in and screwed up. She rushed over towards the cash wrap counter and leaned her arms on the surface as she grabbed the ringing phone, silencing the incessant sound it was making.

"Family Video, this is Luna speaking. How can I help you today?"

"Luna! Hey, it's Dustin." The curly haired teenager replied on the other line.

The ginger smiled, hearing the voice of her best friend. "Oh, Hey, Dustin. What's up?"

"Glad you asked, uhm, so we ran into a problem with the Hellfire club." He explained, "You know how Lucas has his basketball game tonight?"

"Yes, what about it?"

"Well, the final campaign for the semester is tonight and he can't go. Me and Mike have been running around all day trying to find someone who could fill in. Do you think you would be interested?" He asked her.

Luna bit her lower lip, "Dustin, I don't even understand half the shit you guys tell me about that game."

"Son of a bitch." He murmured, releasing a sigh on the other end. "Okay, well can you get Steve on the phone then? I might as well try to get him to come or else Eddie might murder me and Mike."

"Speaking of Eddie, I actually ran into him today. Nice guy. Incredible hair. I mean, not Steve Harrington incredible but... close enough."

"I know, right?" Dustin responded, "Anyway, Steve?"

Luna nods, "Right, Steve. Give me one sec." She holds the phone in her grip and looks around the small store for her boyfriend, "Steve!" She calls out, and mere seconds later his head pokes out from behind a shelf.