epilogue

"what do you mean there're fanfics of you and changbin on the internet?" minho yelled, eyes wild and hair dissheveled. 

one year into his relationship with hyunjin, it was a wonder that the walls of the dorms had still not cracked from all the yelling, fighting – and well, great sex – that the couple had been having, but their relationship was still going strong and stable. neither of them doubted that they were each other's soulmates. had it been otherwise, one, or both, of them would have ran out of this relationship kicking and screaming – or gone insane, or died. they were both alive, though, and happily together, and as in love as on the day on which they screamed "i love you" to each other for the first time at the interview. 

that is, until today, on an uneventful saturday that should have been spent cuddling on minho's bed and watching old romantic comedies, minho had discovered that their fandom wrote fanfics about the members.

"there're many fanfics about you and jisung too, but you don't see me throwing a tantrum," hyunjin snapped defensively. he was really proud that for once he was the calmer in the situation. "there're actually fanfics about every member with every member. i thought that you knew this." he paused. "there are fanfics about you and me too."

"yeah?"

"yes!"

"how many?"

"um, i've seen one. idiots to lovers, fluff and humor, 500 words."

minho glared at the wall. "stay know we're together. why the hell are they shipping you with changbin? what makes him better for you than me, huh? are they hinting that you and i are not–"

hyunjin threw his hands in the air. "hyung, what's wrong with you?" he exclaimed. "why're you taking fanfics so seriously?"

minho exhaled sharply. "i don't want anyone to get any dumb ideas. you're mine," he grumbled.

yes, minho was still jealous and overprotective. this was one aspect of their relationship that was not developing. 

sighing, hyunjin sat down on the bed. "you're offending me, you know," he whispered.

minho's head immediately snapped in his direction. "offending you?" he said, his voice softening. he sat down next to hyunjin. "i'm not angry at you. this has nothing to do with you," he assured, gently pulling hyunjin in for a hug. "i'm just... annoyed."

hyunjin pushed him away. "it's as if you think that i'm not loyal to you," he protested. "that's what jealousy means. that you don't believe that i want to be only with you." he pouted.

minho bit his lip, unsure what to reply. he was getting hyunjin's point. he knew that jealousy was bad and ugly, and blind, and he was trying his best to control it, although it raged within him like his cats did when he forgot to feed them. 

he looked up into hyunjin's eyes, and as per usual, his breath hitched, his throat went dry, and he lost the ability to form any thoughts and sentences. hyunjin was stunning. the hyunjin effect never lost its hold on minho's heart and mind, and body.

yes, you could call him obsessed, crazy, but he could not help himself. hyunjin was too sexy and beautiful, and kind – everyone was drawn to him like a moth to a flame, and everybody wanted a taste of him. to minho, they seemed like hungry vultures hovering over him, waiting for the right moment to devour him. minho sometimes dreamed of a life in which hyunjin would not have to post pictures of himself on instagram, a life in which his beauty would be saved only for minho. yes, this sounded possessive and aggressive, but with a gorgeous boy like hyunjin for a boyfriend, he had the right to be that and more if it was what it took to protect hyunjin.

he did not tell any of this to hyunjin, of course. instead, he gave him a fond smile and a look full of love and admiration – not a glare, as that kid had instructed. hyunjin deserved only the best. he did not deserve to be exposed to minho's dark thoughts.

minho lifted his hand and pressed it against hyunjin's cheek, caressing the soft skin. his fingers traveled down until they reached those plump, pink lips that he would have gladly kissed 24/7. 

"i'm sorry, baby," he spoke finally, "for being disrespectful. it won't happen again."

hyunjin burst into high-pitched laughter, ruining the moment. "who're you kidding, hyung? it will happen again."

minho glared at him. "i try to be romantic once, and that's what i get in return? you little–"

hyunjin silenced him with a peck. still glaring, minho pulled him in for a second kiss.

when their lips parted, minho was too high on hyunjin and his heart was beating too fast for him to stay annoyed. the hyunjin effect was magic. hyunjin was magic.

hyunjin gave him one of his most charming smiles. "hyung, do you want to know a secret?" 

pressing passionate kisses down his long neck, minho pulled him into his lap. "i want to know all your secrets, angel." his hot breath fanned the crook of hyunjin's neck, sending shivers down his spine.

"jisungie wrote a fanfic about us." hyunjin giggled. "seungmin helped him too, and innie, and lix!"

minho eyebrows rose to the ceiling. "what?" he spluttered. 

hyunjin burst into another fit of adorable giggles. "yes! i found out only two days ago. i was shocked too, but they've not done a bad job telling our story. it has the drama and feels, and the cute moments." he winked. "do you want to read it?"

slowly, minho's expression changed from scandalized to simply confused, and then to amused. "those rascals," he breathed out with a scoff. "i thought felix was into romance because chan and he are finally dating." he scoffed again. "i can't believe them. what's the title?"

"stunning."

minho blinked. he did not know that the members could read his thoughts. "just like you," he muttered intelligently.

hyunjin blushed. "no! it's you."

minho gently lay hyunjin onto the bed and climbed on top of him, caging his faced between his hands. he took a lock of hyunjin's soft hair between his fingers and leaned in to peck his nose. "no, it's you."

hyunjin rolled his eyes. "yah, why're you trying to make me flustered? it's clearly you!"

"it's you," minho insisted, smiling.

"no!"

"yes!"

"no!"

"don't argue with your hyung, you brat!"

"i'm stating facts. you're the one arguing!"

"you little–"

they definitely did not read a fanfic that night.