felix

a/n:

this chapter will be shorter

hyunjin was lying in bed when felix walked in with a tray of brownies. 

"jinieee, this are all for you," said he. he placed the tray on hyunjin's nightstand and plopped next to him on the bed. 

hyunjin smiled at his best friend in surprise.

"a whole tray for me again? the others will kill you if they find out."

felix smiled rather shyly.

"i've wanted to make a special batch for you for a long time. i improved my recipe yesterday. i thought that i will share them with everyone, but they'd have wolved them down before you reached the kitchen."

hyunjin laughed.

"that's because your brownies are so good."

he took one from the tray and bit into it. his eyes widened.

"woah, it's heavenly," he exclaimed. 

felix blushed crimson. "you really think so?"

hyunjin nodded energetically before snatching a second brownie from the tray. he handed it to felix. "have some before i've inhaled the whole tray. that'll be bad for my diet."

felix shook his head. "your figure is gorgeous. tall and slim." he still accepted the brownie.

hyunjin pouted. "i feel like i've gained weight. do you think it's because i'm not dancing?" it had been two days since his dance practice incident, and his ankle still hurt. 

felix gave him a reproachful look. "jinie, i'll slap you if you don't stop this nonsense," he exclaimed, all emotion. "have you seen yourself in the mirror? you look like a prince from a fairytale."

something rattled nearby. felix frowned. "where did this come from? your balcony?"

"must be a bird or something," hyunjin quickly assured him and changed the topic. "do you really think that i look like a prince?"

felix laughed. "everyone thinks so, jinie. you are the most beautiful person i have ever seen. if you don't believe me, ask the others. even minho-hyung has said it."

hyunjin's eyes became round "minho? no way!"

a noise akin to breaking glass came from the balcony. felix frowned, puzzled.

"what's out there?" he stood up. "i'll check. it doesn't sound like a bird."

hyunjin grabbed his sleeve. "don't bother! grab my painkillers, please." he pointed at the table. 

felix looked confused for a second, but then clapped his hand on his mouth. "gosh, jinie, i'm so sorry. i forgot to ask about your ankle. how is it?" he rushed to the table. 

as he saw felix get away from the balcony, hyunjin's smile had a healthy dose of relief in it. "it hurts a little, but i think i'll be fine for the comeback." 

felix handed him a pill and sat on the bed again. "i don't want you to push yourself. skipping one song is absolutely okay."

hyunjin had learned all the other choreographies before he twisted his ankle. it was the last one that he had to skip, which was, indeed, not a big deal. STAY were kind and understanding. but ever the perfectionist, hyunjin insisted, "i want to try it. help me sneak into the practice room tonight."

"please, don't," felix pleaded, concern in his eyes. "you just told me your ankle still hurts. and saem-hyung will scold me." the choreographer had ordered hyunjin to rest until he recovered completely.