we go gym

"remind me again why i agreed to this," hyunjin yelled over the booming remixed latino music. sweat was dripping down his face as he poured all his energy into keeping up with the instructor's moves.

"hyung said it's a great team-bonding activity!" felix smiled at his friend at the same time as minho shouted at the top of his lungs: "chan threatened to make seungmin leader if we don't solve our relationship problems."

"that," hyunjin breathed out as he wiped the sweat running down his face in rivulets with the back of his hand.

he had not expected zumba class to be this demanding, really. 

he stared in astonishment at the ajumas in front, around, and behind him. tall and short, slim and plump, with or without the signature floral-print slacks, they were all executing the moves flawlessly and effortlessly. these women had iron stamina!

hyunjin glanced at minho, who was apprently faring better than him, although he also looked beyond exhausted. hyunjin sighed. the fact that felix looked like he was having the time of his life was even more disturbing. 

when chan had announced that they were all going to the gym to work out the stress and, in minho, hyunjin, and felix's case, sort out their "bullshit" – chan's precise words – hyunjin had expected to join gymracha for their usual weight-lifting, muscle-building workout. 

but chan had signed them up for the gym's special calorie-burning, group zumba class for ladies over forty.

"come on, girls! your hips shouldn't lie!" the instructor encouraged loudly, swaying her hips. "step to the left! step to the right! back to the center, and again to the left! step to the right..."

hyunjin wanted to get out of here.

as soon as the three of them managed to drag themselves down the gym's stairs and into the empty locker room, hyunjin collapsed onto the nearest bench, hitting his head painfully against the wall. "that was–"

"more exhausting than sex," minho finished, plopping down next to him.

hyunjin squinted at him. "have you ever had sex?"

"no," minho deadpanned, closing his eyes, and leaned his head on hyunjin's shoulder, "but we can test my theory if you want."

felix laughed awkwardly. blushing, hyunjin scoffed: "disgusting!" he could not help the giggle that escaped his lips, though.

minho grinned lazily. "how's that for a bonding activity?"

"i liked it!" felix chimed in, fishing two water bottles out of his backpack and passing one of them to hyunjin. "the zumba class, not the sex," he hastened to add. 

lifting his head from hyunjin's shoulder, minho frowned at felix. "hyunjin can bring his own water, you know. no need to baby him."

hyunjin rolled his eyes as he took a hefty gulp from the bottle and passed it to minho. "what a caring boyfriend i have."

glaring at him, minho snatched the bottle and shoved it back into felix's backpack. "for your information, i brought water for both of us," he snapped and threw another bottle onto hyunjin's lap. "my question is, why didn't you bring any even for yourself?" he glanced at felix, who was standing in front of them, and then went back to glaring at hyunjin. "we're both babying you, aish."

"how much meanness is there in you?" hyunjin whined, rubbing the sore spot on his thigh where the bottle had hit him. "you have the energy to be mean even after that zumba monster of a workout."