date

hyunjin huffed out an annoyed sigh when minho opened the door to the convenience store for him. 

"really? this is what you meant when you said you know a special place? we come here every other night!"

"true, but today it's my treat," minho countered, unbothered. 

he made a beeline for the ramen stall. 

hyunjin snorted. "it's always your treat." 

he had a habit of putting the snacks he wanted right next to whatever minho was buying and looking at him with shining, gorgeous eyes until minho paid for everything – because minho did not want to embarrass himself in front of the cashier, definitely not because he wanted hyunjin to look at him like that more often.

"true again, but this time i'll not bug you for an hour to give me my money back."

hyunjin was already eyeing the sweets. he rolled his eyes at minho's comment. "so romantic of you."

"right?" minho agreed. "i couldn't have planned a better date."

hyunjin dropped the bag of sweets he was holding. "this is a date?"

minho, his arms full of ramen packs, bent down to pick it up. "what else do you think it is?" he asked, genuinely surprised, before shoving it back into hyunjin's arms. "i brought you to a cute store and i'm paying for your food."

hyunjin gave him am exasperated look. "minho, this is our local convenience store and you voicemailed me a death threat."

"don't be dramatic. it was not a death threat."

"really?" hyunjin raised an eyebrow. "the last time i listened it said that if i don't go out with you, you'll fry me in the airfryer at 180 degrees for twenty minutes."

true again. minho might have not phrased his request the best way, he had to admit, but it was hyunjin's fault that minho had to resort to such desperate measures. 

"what else was i supposed to do? you were avoiding me. i texted you nine times a day. i called. you did not even bother to pick up," he said defensively. he paused as a thought struck him. "wait, don't tell me it's because of the k–"

hyunjin covered minho's mouth with his palm and looked around for unwanted witnesses. the store was empty except for the cashier, who was dozing off behind the counter.

"yes, it's because of the kiss," he whispered, letting go of minho's mouth.

minho chuckled. "seriously? that'd be cute if it wasn't so dumb." he ruffled hyunjin's hair. "we're not in high school. people our age kiss when they like each other. it's not a big deal. i mean, it's not like you didn't know i love you." he grimaced. "i said i love you again. what are you doing to me?"

he grabbed the bag of sweets from hyunjin and made his way to the checkout.

"you coming?" he turned back to look at hyunjin, who was still choosing snacks for himself. "how much more are you planning to get?"

"why?" hyunjin challenged, grabbing a third bar of chocolate. "haven't brought enough money?"

"i'm not you. i know what wallets are for."

"then what's your problem?" hyunjin grabbed two packs of chips from the stand. 

"if you keep eating junk, you'll become ugly."

hyunjin shrugged. "maybe a should become a little uglier. then you all might finally get a chance," he retorted, not a care in the world.

to hide the annoyance clearly written on his face, minho turned to the cashier and smiled. "yes, for whatever he wants to buy after i've paid for these, he will pay with his own money," he said loudly enough for hyunjin to hear.