minho's type

he had to fix this. he had to fix this now.

minho threw the door wide open and burst out of the room, his eyes wild. the door hit against something with a thud. minho heard a groan. 

as he looked in the direction from which it came, minho realized that he had smashed hyunjin into the wall with the door. 

"jesus," he exclaimed. "i'm sorry." 

he rushed to hyunjin's side. 

"it's not jesus. it's me, hyunjin," hyunjin replied sulkily, swatting minho's arm away from himself. "what are you doing here? leave me alone."

"the better question is what are you doing behind the door? i could've hurt you seriously," minho retorted and crouched in front of hyunjin, who was sitting on the floor hugging his knees to his chest. mascara and tears were running down his face in rivulets.

"i could've hurt you seriously," hyunjin mimicked, his teary eyes stubbornly trained on the wall behind minho. "as if you haven't hurt me seriously before."

frustrated, minho exhaled sharply. hyunjin really knew how to annoy him better than anyone else. 

it was true that he had been an asshole to hyunjin on many occasions, but hyunjin's behaviour had not been any better. for each of minho's sarcastic remarks, hyunjin had two sarcastic replies prepared. he was no less stubborn, moody, and indecisive than minho. sometimes he was more so.

for once, minho decided to be the bigger person, though. he did not want to lose hyunjin because of another stupid argument.

he stood up and helped hyunjin do the same. 

"i thought you've at least went to the bathroom," he said, supporting the sulky, pouting hyunjin with an arm wrapped around his thin waist. "come, let's wash the monstrosity off your face. you look like a panda on crack."

hyunjin glared at him, then removed minho's hand from his waist and stomped toward the bathroom. 

sighing, minho followed him. he leaned on the restroom's doorframe, hands in pockets, and watched as hyunjin leaned toward the sink and started cleaning up his face with jerky motions. he was frowning.

"still sulking?" minho asked. 

hyunjin glared at the innocent sink and remained silent.

"what for?" minho took a tentative step closer to him. "listen, i know that you're angry and upset, and you cannot think logically now, but still–"

hyunjin abruptly turned off the sink he was using, sent a murderous glance minho's way, and moved to the sink furthest away from the door – and minho.

minho was starting to lose his patience again. "stop being childish! you like me. i love you. simple. we figured this out. why fight?"

hyunjin spun to face minho. only his right eye was clean. the rest of his face was still smudged with mascara. he looked like a ghoul. 

"so it's simple for you? you haven't even apologized for being a jerk and you expect me to throw myself into your arms just because i'm stupid enough to have feelings for you? you act like a fuckboy from a high school drama!"

hyunjin was impossible. he could not be reasoned with. he could deplete even the patience of a saint, and minho was not a saint. minho was not even patient. 

as he stood there, maintaining the the deadly eyecontact with hyunjin, minho pleaded himself to count to ten, to follow his own advice to hyunjin and think logically. he reminded himself that hyunjin was just upset, and upset hyunjin was mean hyunjin, but nothing helped. he lost his temper.