minho

it has been a week since chan's confession fiasco, and to minho's relief the rest of the members did not seem to be eager to confess to hyunjin. even jisung acknowledged that he had told minho he would confess just to motivate him to act. 

"and you're still not acting!" hissed he, elbowing minho in the ribcage. 

minho looked around the set to make sure no one was eavesdroping on their conversation. seungmin and jeongin were already sat on their designated places. chan was surrounded by a horde of stylists refreshing his make-up. changbin and felix were nowhere to be seen, and hyunjin was leaning on the white wall furthest from minho and jisung. with his white shirt, longish hair, and closed eyes, he looked like a statue of an angel.

"stop staring. you'll bore a hole through his face," jisung snapped. "when will you confess?"

minho looked at him and then back at hyunjin. "what if i'm not the one he has a crush on?"

jisung huffed. "who else? it's clearly not another member."

"it doesn't need to be a member..."

jisung snorted. "minho, give me a break, will ya? all hyunjin does in his free time is create new choreographies and cry to kdramas. he does not talk to anyone except us willingly." jisung paused to look at hyunjin's figure in the distance. "not to mention that it is great that he is blessed with so much talent and beauty because he has the flirting skills of a log."

minho really wanted to believe jisung, who indeed sounded convincing, but the idea of hyunjin – beautiful to a fault, talented, sweet hyunjin – liking him, the impossible hyung who was always rude to him, out of all people that were ready to fall at hyunjin's feet was way too wild. "how are you sure he does not like another member?"

jisung snorted again. "who for instance? he rejected felix and chan. he told you he does not like changbin. jeongin is his little brother. that leaves me, seungmin, and you. dunno about seungmin, but it's not me for sure."

"how do you know?" minho asked, his jealousy ever suspicious. 

jisung sighed. "long story short, i asked hyunjin out on a date last month, and he spent the three hours we were at the coffeeshop trying to set me up with the attractive barrista."

minho could not hold back a chuckle of relief. jisung glared at him. not funny, his eyes said.

"so this leaves me and seungmin," minho mused, watching with furrowed eyebrows as seungmin stood from his chair, approached the resting hyunjin, and shook him out of his trance. hyunjin looked around himself, slightly disoriented. his eyes met minho's before the older could look away, and he smiled. minho's heart skipped a beat. he looked away without returning the smile.

jisung gave him a knowing look. "it's definitely you," he insisted. "don't you see how he acts around you? he loves to tease you more than anyone else. he gets flustered on the rare occasions when you say compliment him. he cries when you're rude to him."

minho shook his head in disbelief, throwing another hesitant glance at hyunjin who was already seated on his chair in front of seungmin. he sat with his back perfectly straight and looked as elegant and lovely as a renaissance painting. their eyes met again. this time hyunjin was the one to look away first.

"he deserves someone much better," minho whispered to jisung, his gaze still on hyunjin.

"i'm aware," jisung deadpanned, "but aparently he's chosen you, so you'd better do something about that before the one who deserves him shows up."

"but what if he likes me platonically?" minho did not want to ruin whatever sorta rivalry, sorta friendship he had built with hyunjin with a confession. he had been keeping his unrequieted love a secret for a long enough time to be sorry if something went wrong.

jisung gave him a look of annoyance. "plato was gay as hell, so dunno what you're talking about." he grabbed minho's arm and started dragging him toward the group of staff members having a lively discussion nearby. "come. i have a plan."

"what plan?" minho asked, resisting, but jisung's grip was relentless.

"a plan that will convince you that hyunjin likes you back."

a/n:

i'm back. i'm sorry for my long absence :)

thank you for the votes and comments