felix's kiss

now, if you asked felix to testify, he would have told you that the kiss was not meant to be a kiss. 

well, it was meant to be a kiss, but not the "turning the frog into a prince" kiss – or "prince into a frog" because hyunjin looked like a prince anyways – but a simple forehead kiss. the problem was that felix had not calculated the distance. being considerably shorter than hyunjin, he had neither tiptoed high enough nor bent his friend's head low enough to reach his forehead.

what should have been a friendly gesture turned into a passionate smack on hyunjin's upper lip – and the rest was history.

no, it actually was not history. it was action.

"what the hell?" minho yelled, voicing the thoughts of everyone in the room. he advanced toward them with a determined gait.

eyes widening, felix took several steps back. "hyung, i didn't mean to, really–"

hyunjin, who had meanwhile been staring at felix in shock, still stunned by the kiss, snapped out of his trance and rushed to stand between minho and felix. he pressed his hands against minho's chest. "don't hurt him! he didn't mean to."

jisung and chan also ran to minho's side and grabbed his arms, trying to restrain him.

minho peered at hyunjin. "who's hurting who? calm down." he sent felix a glare that made him flinch. "we'll talk about that kiss later, just the three of us. we have a more pressing issue now."

hyunjin blinked. "what?"

wresting his arms out of jisung and chan's hold, minho motioned with his head at the door. everyone turned to stare at whatever he had seen there.

it was a sight to behold.

jeongin and changbin were standing at the entrance. the maknae was gripping the hand of a kid that looked no older than ten. the kid was sobbing loudly, snot streaming out of his nose. the rapper was carrying a bicycle under his arm. his t-shirt was stained with large, wet orange blotches.

"what the fuck happened to you?" chan asked intelligently.

"we can explain," changbin breathed out.

"no, we can't," jeongin deadpanned. his eyes fell on hyunjin. "nice to see you're back, hyung. we were looking for you."

his mouth agape, hyunjin could only nod. he was tired, so tired, too tired to deal with jeongin and changbin's child and bicycle acquisition. without warning, his legs gave out under him. 

he would have collapsed to the floor if minho had not caught him on time and lowered him gently instead. through the haze of his blurred mind, hyunjin smiled. "thanks... this is kinda... romantic," he mouthed.

"given the circumstances, i disagree," he heard minho's voice say from somewhere above him, "but if you think so." 

he could feel someone's fingers – probably minho's – carefully cushion his head. he could hear other voices, urgent and concerned, but he could not focus on them for the life of him. he could not open his eyes either, his eyelids as heavy as if he had applied eyeshadows made of iron. 

"don't huddle around him" minho snapped. "give him space."

minho's voice was the only one that hyunjin could hear clearly. it had always been like this.

"you're like the couples that my sister watches," an unfamiliar voice stated.

hyunjin's eyes shot open as he scrambled to sit up. the kid. "no, haha. what're you talking about?" he denied, looking everywhere but at minho and the kid, who was sobserving him with interest. "we're friends."

minho gave him an offended look. "friends? what is wrong with y–"

hyunjin clamped on minho's mouth and smiled at the kid. "we're friends."

"no, you aren't. your relationship makes me lose hope. i want to break up with my girlfriend," the child said solemnly.

hyunjin opened his mouth to retort, but no sound came out of it. minho choked on no one knows what.

seungmin snapped his book shut and let out a hearty laugh. "i like this kid. chan, can we exchange him for hyunjin and minho?"

a/n:

a badly written chapter for you :)

at this point, i do not know where this story is going

i just enjoy hyunho's fighting, so i keep writing xD

i planned to finish this story eleven chapters ago. help