Dustin's idea was a sharp stick, to stab it like a piñata. So Luna walked into Eddie's kitchen and found a wooden broom, her plan was to break it in half, so she held it up above her knee before pushing her leg up and using all of her might to chop it with leg and hands.

It snapped easily, and she handed one of the halves to Dustin who was standing on a chair that Lucas had grabbed for him to stand on. The rest of them waited on the ground, they watched as he poked and stabbed at the slit in the ceiling. After a couple more punctures, he managed to break through the barrier of the gate, and she could see the other side.

It was really trippy, anything from their side was upside down as she looked inside of the hole that Dustin made. For a moment she couldn't see anything but the other side's version of Eddie's front room, but then, she caught a sight of someone. Her heart quickened in her chest, and she could feel a wave of relief wash over her.

It was Steve, he was safe.

Though they had communication with them through the LiteBrite, she didn't know for sure if he himself was actually safe. Her boyfriend didn't have the cleanest record for coming out of altercations unscathed. She expected that he would come to the other side with some scrapes or bruises, maybe something worse.

But now that she was seeing him, really seeing him, after leaving him behind at Lover Lake, all she wanted to do was throw her arms around him and never let him go.

But first, they had to get them back over through the gate somehow.

Dustin let's out an almost manic sounding laugh as he looks up into the gate at the others, "Hi, there."

"Hi."

"Hi."

"Holy shit, this is trippy." Robin comments, blue eyes wide in marvel.

Dustin's manic laughter continued, "Bada-bada-boom!"

Luna chuckles fondly at the curly haired boy's excitement, then she looks up at the gate to the others. "Are you guys okay?"

"Yeah, for the most part." Steve answers, his voice making her feel as if her heart could just burst right out of her chest.

"Steve nearly got eaten by a bunch of bats that probably had rabies." Robin declared, making Luna's eyes grow.

"He what?!" She exclaimed in shock, worry curling in her stomach.

"Robin!" Steve snapped at her, "I told you to let me tell her." He pinched between his brows, "It's not as bad as it sounds, Moon. I'm fine."

Luna folds her arms over her chest, "You fucking better be, Vic." She glances up at Dustin, "Okay, so what's the gameplan to getting them all back over here."

"You know how we made a rope to get out of Nancy's window?" Dustin told them as he got down from the chair, "Just like that. And we'll need Eddie's mattress too, so they have a safe place to land."

"Lucas, Erica, Max, get the sheets and grab his mattress." The three of them nod and head off through the hall, she turns back at Dustin. "And how is the rope gonna hold if there's nothing for it to hang onto?"

"You'll see." Dustin replied.

Luna sighs, "Yeah, that's not helpful at all, but okay."