CHAPTER 29

Avigale Cyrene Villiamore

I'm here sitting in my office looking at Gale playing with her toys as I recalled the first day I saw her— same day she left me shattered into pieces.

I tried to contact her in every way possible, but there is no respond even a slightest one.

Till this day I'm still waiting for her to come back, I'm willing to wait for her even if the cost of it is my heart being shattered again and again because of her absence. She left me without enough explanation, I know perhaps this is for her healing. So, I understand. I will always do.

_

__________________________

It's been a few days since I visited her, I became busy with work. I'm now on my way to my office hoping to see her in her workplace but what am i even expecting? She's still grieving.

She doesn't even want to talk to me. So, I will always send some foods for her, to make sure she's eating it I'll ask her friend, Heaven.

"Ma'am, someone left something for you inside your office." one of my employee.

"Who's this "someone"?" I asked sternly.

"Si Monteneg—" I didn't let him finish his words. Instead, I ran to my office just to see no one.

I looked around my office, there is no trace of her, even a slightest glimpse. I want to see her and hug so bad just to make sure she's ok.

I sigh heavily, I sat on my chair when I noticed a note and heard a puppy. Wait, a puppy?

I looked under my table just to see a puppy inside a cage, a bichon frise. I opened the cage so i can carry— oh, it's a girl. She's wearing a colar, it has a name on it. Gale. I scoffed, did she just named a dog after me?

The puppy started wagging her tail out of excitement, I didn't imagine myself having a. . . Dog. I put her down so she  can run around my office while i read the letter attached in her cage.

As I read the letter my knees weaken, trembled in fear, I started to deny to myself the things that I just read—she's leaving. I rushed to grab my phone when I saw her necklace laying on my table. A tear left my eye, no, this can't be happening. I grabbed my phone and dialed her number.

This person is out of reach please try again later. . .

I tried to call her again but it's the same respond I'm getting. Then i tried to call Heaven so I can ask her where she is.

"Heaven, please tell me where she is." I begged. Her silence on the other line is killing me, she's hesitating to answer.

"I-I don't kno—" She said, trying to deny what she knows.

"Don't lie to my face. Heaven, please tell me where she is." I continue to beg
while pain is starting to build up inside of me with the tears that's flowing through my eyes non-stop.

"S-she just flew to France with her family, the plane she's riding just left a minute ago." she explained in a low tone.

"W-why?" I asked trembling.

"They will send her father's ashes there, doon din kasi naka libing ang grandparents niya."

"She will come back, right?" I asked, hoping she'll say yes. Expecting for assurance that I'll see her again.

Another moment of silence between the line before she responds again.

"I-I don't know." She answered, quite hesitant.

"Do you know her address? I'll go—"

"No, S-she didn't tell me any information about where they exactly live or stay in France. A-all I know is that her grandparents are buried there that's why Tito Nicolas will be there too." She said, feels like she's just trying to stop me.

She's lying. I know she's lying.

There is no point of questioning her friend when she's the one who wanted to leave like this.

______________________

"Hey, you're zoning out again." He chuckle. I rolled my eyes.

"Mommyyyyyy." My angel rushed to me, hugged me.

"How's school?" I smiled and pointed my cheeks for a kiss.

"I teacher gave me stars!" She joyfully showed me her harm full of excellent stars.

"Ang galing niya 'no? Syempre mana sa'kin." Shaun said while doing high-five with my daughter, Gian.

"Are you hungry? What do you want to eat?" I asked Gian.

"I'm still full, Mommy." She pouted.

"Did he bought you street foods again?" I glared at Shaun.

Gian smiled innocently, Shaun gave me a peace sign. I sigh, I told him to stop buying Gian some street foods, it's not even healthy.

"What did I told you?" I asked Gian.

"Don't eat street foods." She looked down, pouting.

"What did you do?" I asked softly. I'm not scolding her, I just want her to know what she did without the intention of scaring her.

I don't want her to do some mistakes and think "Mommy's gonna kill me." as if she's afraid to open up to me what happened.

I want her first thought to be "I need to tell Mommy." Because, I believe that parenting with fear isn't parenting at all. It's tolerating the child's pressure until they're old enough to mind themselves. I want her to keep in mind that she can always talk to mommy about things.

"I just ate that— 'Dy, what do you call that orange egg again?" She asked Shaun.

"Kwek-kwek." He smiled.

"Yes! I just ate pek—"

"Kwek-kwek." Shaun corrected trying not to laugh. She pouted again.

"I just ate orange eggs, Mommy. Those eggs that's inside the waffle looking thingy." She cutely explained with some gestures.

"Stop eating street foods, Ok? It's not even healthy I told you that, right?" She nodded with a smile. I kissed her forehead and she did the same to my cheeks.

She left my lap to play with Gale, the dog. I smiled as I watched them play and run around my office happily. They're best of friends.

"They have a costume party this week's Friday." Shaun said.

"Ok, and?" I asked shortly while typing on my laptop.

"Aren't you going with her?"

"Do I need to attend too?" I asked as I looked at my schedule for friday.

"Yes, sign this permission slip." He said while handing me the paper.

"She still have classes tomorrow, right?" He nodded.

"Same time?"

"Yup, same time." He said as he winked at me.

I gave him a disgusted look. He laughed.

"You should be the one to pick her up tomorrow, Go with her as she picks her costume." He suggested. I nodded.

"Make sure of that." He glared, I glared back.

"Sabi ko nga Oo na." He laughed.

"Stop being so makulit and leave, don't you have a meeting?" I said.

"Oh shoot! I almost forgot about that. Bye bye, Gian!" He said as he gave Gian a goodbye kiss on her forehead.

"Bye Bye, Daddy Shaun!"