~Grievers~

POV (Y/n)

-1 Year and 4 Days in the Glade-

Newt, and us keepers plus Thomas and Teresa hurry to the medjack hut where Alby is. We enter to see Alby sitting at the end of the bed arms crossed against his chest "has he said anything?" Minho asks "no," Teresa says looking at the man. Newt approaches Alby "Alby, are you alright?" he asks and Alby stays silent not even looking at Newt. Thomas approaches next squatting in front of him to look into his eyes "hey Alby, Alby, we might have just found a way out of the maze," Thomas explains looking into Alby's eyes hoping for a response.

"You hear me? We could be getting out of here," Thomas continues trying to get Alby to understand or at least respond, and this time at least Alby shakes his head. "I can't, we can't leave, they won't let us," Alby says "what are you talking about?" I ask coming up to Alby slowly like he's a spooked deer. "I remember," he tells us and I have to blink back my shock. "What do you remember?" Thomas asks him calmly even though we're all eager for some kind of answer to the world outside of here.

"You," Alby says causing everyone to look to Thomas in shock "you were always their favorite Thomas, always," Alby continues my attention is pulled away by the shouts outside the med bay, but I do my best to stay focused on Alby. "Why'd you do it, Thomas? Why'd you come here?" Alby asks a single tear falling down his face before he curls in letting his emotions overwhelm him. We all are pulled to the noise outside as it only grows louder. When I get outside it doesn't take me long to find what's wrong and I grab Gally's hand out of habit and fear as we move toward the stone opening.

"The doors aren't closing," I murmur in fear my feet slower than ever afraid to get too close to the opening. We hear a loud shutter of metal gears and begin to watch in helpless horror as the other doors begin opening. Everyone begins shouting orders and all I can hear is Tony's voice I can't watch them kill everyone I love. I want to fall apart but as the call for griever comes out I feel my feet moving faster than ever before.

Gally's hand in mine is slipping from the sweat of fear but we grip each other tightly, and quickly open the box to hide inside. "Go, go, go," Gally ushers us in and I feel hesitant in jumping in when I realize one of the builders is missing. "Gally! Where is Jacob?" I ask hurriedly as I look around the glade and Gally shakes his head "forget about him. You need to get in here now," Gally tells me but I won't budge "I have to find him!" I shout getting ready to head for the woods where he was just last night, and Gally grabs me roughly. 

"(Y/n), no!" he shouts pushing me down into the box hard, I yelp as I make contact, and Gally soon drops in with me. I feel bruises forming on my side and I fight the urge to glare at Gally, but my attention is soon snapped away as I hear Jacob and see him above the box. "Gally! Let me in! Let me in!" he calls fear rippling through him, but before Gally and the other builder have the chase to open the box. Jacob is snatched away "No!" I cry out.

I stand to my feet and punch Gally hard in the face. "You let him die! I could have saved him! I hate you! I hate you! He's dead and I hate you!" I scream as the other boys in the box pull me off of him. Gally cannot meet my gaze as I sink to my knees in despair "I know my answer now," I tell Gally as the screams rip through the air "I would leave you," I say hoping it cuts as I want it to and I know it does. Because no one else speaks until the glade falls silent, and the builders open the box doors.

"This is all Thomas's fault!" Gally shouts and I want to scoff at his words as sticky tears coat my face. I follow the builders as Gally sees Thomas and punches him as I did to him just a minute ago. Everyone goes to pull Gally off of him "this is all, you Thomas! Look around!" he screams "stop Gally! This isn't Thomas's fault!" I shout and Gally continues to fight shaking his head. "You heard what Alby said, he's one of 'em, and they sent him to destroy everything and now he has! Look around Thomas! Look around, this is your fault!" he continues to scream at Thomas and I furrow my brows with frustration.

The boys do everything they can to calm Gally, but I refuse to assist them in their effortless task. I look to Thomas instead, he grabs what looks like a griever's stinger from Chuck's grasp. "Thomas," I say with Teresa who watches nervously along with me  "I need to remember," he says before plunging the stinger into his stomach "Thomas!" I shout as I catch him in my arms. "Chuck get the other syringe!" Teresa shouts to the boy as we attend to Thomas who lies on the ground.