~Fine~

POV (Y/n)

-Day 24 in the Glade-

It'd been a week since I started training with Minho to be a runner, and today the three others approved would join us. Gally always came to training even though it was at the crack of shucking dawn. The sun was barely up at this time, "good morning fellow runner," I heard who I'd consider my best friend's voice behind me "Tony! Are you ready for training?" I ask and he sucks in a breath "it's not really something I've really looked forward to after you complained you were dying a few days ago," he tells me causing me to snicker and even Gally smiles from his spot slumped onto the table.

His eyes were closed, but the smile was proof he was awake. "Breakfast is ready runners in training," Fry calls out banging on a pan startling Gally whose head whips to shoot a glare and Fry. Fry seems proud of himself at the action and even smiles at Gally "I'm sorry sleeping beauty did I wake you?" he questions and Gally sneers at him "That's it!" Gally shouts as he stands to chase after the cook. This was their routine, and even though Gally was chasing him the most he'd do is tackle Fry. Fry laughed hard the entire time he ran struggling to take Gal seriously.

I stood and went over to the pot of grits that Fry had made for us. "Eat now boys, you'll want it to settle before training starts," I tell them pouring some into my bowl. It doesn't take long for Gally to knock Fry to the ground and the two boys laugh on the ground, they come walking back over at the same time as Minho makes his appearance. "Okay, y'all got five minutes to finish up then we'll start training," he calls out to the table.

It was only four of us Tony, Connor, and a boy I'd never met Mason. Mason was a slicer and he is missing his pinky on his right hand, Connor was a slopper, but now we're all hopefully runners. Once we'd finished Minho explained to the others what we're going to do. He phrases it as a slow sprint, it is not a slow sprint. I keep up the best but only because I have a week of practice ahead of them. I feel bad for Connor whose breakfast ends up seeing the light of day again.

We run literally until lunch, and by that time I'm drenched in my own sweat and so are the boys. "You were right (Y/n), this does feel like dying," Tony jokes and I laugh lightly as we attempt to catch our breath. When I finally make it to the mess hall for lunch I dramatically lean up against Gally. "Gally, my legs! They're done for, I need you to get my lunch before I starve," I say falling into his arms. I see him roll his eyes "whatever, don't touch my plate," he orders before getting back into the line to get my lunch. 

Tony groans annoyed and I see he's trying the same thing on Jacob, who is obviously not as big of a softy. Tony wobbles to the line sadly and I can't help but snicker "you're a bad influence on him," he tells me jeering a thumb towards Tony and I laugh. "I don't know what you're talking about," I respond stealing a sip of Gally's water "hey! what'd I say about my food?" Gally says taking the cup out of my hand. I smile at him innocently before placing a kiss on his cheek, "that's not gonna work every time," he tries to tell me.

I shrug "sure..." I say stuffing the food into my mouth. After we eat Minho is quick to retrieve us for more training, and honestly, it's exhausting. He has us do push-ups and run through the wood to learn good footing. He smiles pleased at the end of the day when we're all exhausted "good job today, tomorrow won't be as easy though so rest well," he tells us "Easy? Is he crazy?" I hear Mason erupts as soon as Minho is out of earshot.

I laugh and fall to the ground dramatically. I lay there for a long time my eyes closed just listening to the glade before familiar strong arms pick me up slinging me over their shoulder. "Where are you taking me?" I ask my boyfriend "the shower, you stink," he tells me and I furrow my brow. "Like you smell like a shucking bed of roses," I tell him and he chuckles. He re-adjusts me on his shoulder and I grunt in discomfort "I can walk Gal," I tell him "you've walked enough today princess," he told me and I smile to myself at the nickname. "Fine," I tell him dreamily.