~Greenie~

POV (Y/n)

-One Year in the Glade-

One year, one year ago I woke up in the box and was thrown into this madness, and so much has changed since. I've already lost so much, but I try to remember what I do have. Gally, Chuck, and Minho, I don't like to use the word replaced, but Minho has filled the hole that Tony left. "Come on slithead pick up the pace," Ben jokes as he and Minho get further away and I roll my eyes at him. "I'm the slithead?" I quiz with a laugh and Minho turns with a smile jogging backward for a second.

"You're both slitheads, and if you keep talking I'll leave you in the maze tonight," Minho lies, and I fake hurt "You'd leave me! I'm your twin flame, you'd never," I joke and Minho shakes his head turning back around "try me!" he calls out sprinting harder to the glade. It was a short day today since we had a new greenie showing up, and I was eager for the time with my boys. When we enter back through I can pick both of them out easily. Gally is setting up for the bonfire, and I see Chuck with the new greenie and I smile widely. 

"Hey, Chuck, new greenie huh? How's it feel to be promoted?" Ben asks as he passes by with Minho, but I stop to stay with Chuck and the greenie. "Feels great Ben," Chuck tells him with a smile. The greenie stares at the two boys for a long second "I thought no one was allowed to leave?" he asks and I cut in "you can't leave greenie, but the runners can," I tell him as little as possible not wanting him to get too curious. "The runners know more about the maze than any of us," Chuck says causing the greenie to furrow his brows "Wait, what?" he asks confused.

"What?" Chuck asks "you just said maze," the Greenie explains his eyes looking back and forth between us runners and the maze. "I did?" Chuck asks an embarrassed blush tinting his already flushed cheeks as he looks at me "yeah, nice going," I tell him teasing slightly. The greenie starts to take long strides toward the maze doors and we hurry to follow him. "Hey greenie, what are you doing?" I ask as we follow after him "I just want to take a look," he urges, and Chuck puts a hand on his chest trying to keep him back.

 "I told you, you can't, no one leaves. Especially not now," Chuck urges trying to explain without letting too much information slip. "It's not safe," I tell the greenie in a stern voice attempting to put myself in front of him and the maze. "I'm not gonna go in," he tells me lightly trying to push me out of the way as he moves closer. I keep attempting to put myself in between this idiot greenie and the maze. The greenie goes to grab me to move me when we hear a familiar shout "Hey!" Gally shouts before pushing the greenie hard out of the way.

Gally hovers over the greenie "we gotta stop meeting like this greenie," Gally tells him "get off me," the greenie says scrambling to his feet "okay, calm, calm down," I tell the greenie holding my position in front of the maze doors. "Don't touch me!" the greenie shouts drawing a crowd to the maze entrance. "Just relax!" Gally tells the greenie with his hands out trying to refuse the situation as we both stand guard over the maze door in case the greenie gets any ideas.

"What the hell is wrong with you guys?" he asks looking around to Newt who just jogged up to the scene. "Just calm down alright," he tells the agitated greenie "no, okay. Why won't you tell me what's out there!" the greenie asks his eyes flickering between Newt and Alby "We're just trying to protect you man," Alby says "for your own good," Newt adds "You guys can't just keep me here!" he yells and I tighten my stance in case he tries to run "we can't let you leave," Alby continues on.

"Why not!?" The greenie shouts in his face and as if on queue the gears of the maze begin to twist and turn to close off the maze. We all stand with the greenie as the doors close shut, and he mutters under his breath "what the hell?" but we have no response for him. After the doors are shut firmly Gally grabs my hand and approaches the greenie "Next time I'm gonna let you leave,"  he says and we begin to leave the scene and come up behind Chuck. "What'd you say to him Chuck?" Gally asks the boy as we walk.

The blush from earlier returns to the boys cheeks "he let it slip that it's a maze, got the greenie all curious," I respond instead of Chuck as I ruffle his hair, and Gally shakes his head. "I don't like the looks of this greenie," Gally says mostly to me and I turn slightly to look at the greenie still staring at the sealed doors. "I don't know, maybe he'd be a good runner," I suggest and Gally scoffs "do we really wanna do that with this loose cannon?" he asks and I shrug. 

This greenie was different than the others.