~Three Days~

POV (Y/n)

I wake up early, eager to start the day. Although gardening didn't go over well, trying out being a chef went average. I had accidentally knocked my finger a little and burned a finger on the pot, but Fry said that was all normal on the first day. Today I was working with the medjacks and I was looking forward to it. Clint and Jeff seemed nice and I looked forward to working alongside them. I walk towards the mess hall for breakfast and see Gally talking to Fry his finger pressed into his chest accusingly. 

I jog toward the two, "hey! What's going on here?" I ask pushing Gally away from Fry placing my body in between them. "Nothing (Y/n)," Gally says and starts walking away from me, I look to Frypan "I'll be back," I tell him in a serious tone unsure of who to be mad at yet. I hurry after Gally "Hey!" I shout at him to get his attention he grumbles under his breath but doesn't stop. "Hey!" I shout again gripping his shoulder and turning him around. "What the hell was that? With Fry!" I ask him and he stares down at me with a glare.

"I was having a conversation with Fry, and what it was about is none of your business," Gally says with an angry tone and I glare at him frustrated. "You're being a slinthead! I know something was happening, and you're gonna tell me! So what the hell happened?" I asked shoving my finger in his face, and I tried to ignore the fact that I was nearly on my toes to do this. "I was letting him know that he doesn't need to flirt with my soulmate just cause he doesn't have one," he tells me crossing his arms.

I shove his shoulders in anger and feel a blush rise in embarrassment when he doesn't even budge. "How dare you! Fry wasn't flirting with me! He was being nice to be unlike you. I have only been here for three days! I barely know you and just because I have this stupid matching mark does not mean you have any claim on me!" I shout in his face I turn to go away. "And apologize to Fry!" I shout over my shoulder. I take my food and eat in a hurry frustrated and angry not wanting to talk to anyone.

I storm off to the medjacks and feel overwhelmed and angry. "You good greenie?" Clint asks raising an eyebrow at me, and I sigh "Gally's an idiot and I can't understand why I care," I tell him. Clint laughs and I cut a small glare at him "I'm sorry (Y/n), it's just that, that's Gally," Clint told me and for some reason, I want to argue with Clint over that one simple statement. Gally was good at heart he just was complicated. I remember just yesterday he stood guard while I showered, and he was concerned for my safety the moment I got here.

Instead of arguing I stay quiet, because what could I say? I don't even know Gally, this is only my third day here, and Gally and I haven't even had a real conversation. I spent the day helping Clint and Jeff bandage up anyone who came in, but honestly, it wasn't many people. I didn't mind the job so much, it was just boring at times waiting for people to come in. "So what do you think about being a medjack (Y/n)?" Clint asks as we wait for someone to come in.

"It's okay, no offense to you guys but I don't know if this job is for me," I tell him with a shrug and he laughs lightly and nods "I understand, the jobs not for everyone. That's why it's only me and Jeff," Clint explains to me. When lunch rolls around I am beyond excited to leave the med jack hut and when the smell of lunch hits my nose I feel excitement rush through me. When I get closer to the line I see Gally and Frypan. They're laughing as if this morning had never happened.

 I walk up quietly hoping to catch a piece of the conversation "well, I'm glad we could repair the hole in your pantry Fry," Gally says "Least you could do after nearly taking my head off," Fry jabs jokingly Gally lets out a low laugh "it won't happen again," Gally tells Fry as he takes his plate and heads towards the mess hall. I smirk slightly to myself feeling happy at the mending of this friendship. I'd have to talk to Gally about it later, I was proud of his actions. To apologize with actions is much better than to apologize with words.

When I get my plate and go toward the mess hall to talk to Gally I see him leaving with a determined look. I sigh and plan to talk to him later tonight or maybe tomorrow.