~Don't Listen to Him~

POV (Y/n)

-1 Year and 3 Days in the Glade-

I go to the top of the tower after leaving the boys with Newt, and I couldn't help but feel overwhelmed with thoughts of confusion over what's been happening. I mostly hated being at odds with Gally, but he was wrong about Thomas. I was sure of that although I had no proof that Thomas was on our side besides that he woke up in the box just like the rest of us, I still wondered if what I saw in my dream was real.

In the dream, Thomas was my brother, and I don't know how to even tell him or anyone about it. "Hey, newbie that I've barely met I have these flashbacks of memories way more frequent and detailed than anyone else and you were in one. Anyways, you're my brother," I say aloud proving how crazy it would sound when I am pulled out of my thoughts by shouts in the glade. I look down towards the chaos and see the girl she's running through the glade a knife pointed at anyone who came too close. She begins hurrying up the tower and when her eyes land on me the knife is directed at me.

"Whoa, Greenie," I tried to calm her, but she just holds the knife up again it barely touches my throat as she speaks "shut up," and then the shouting from below is brought back to her attention. She begins throwing various things at the boys below and shouts "I have a girl hostage up here! Leave me alone!" and then I hear the familiar voice "(Y/n)! Let her go!" Gally shouts "We just want to talk!" Newt adds, but this girl shows no sign of stopping her merciless attack upon the gladers.

As she continues to throw things Thomas calls out "it's Thomas" which catches her attention causing her to pause in her attack and lean to look down at Thomas. "Okay, I'm gonna come up, okay?" Thomas suggests but she doesn't reply and Thomas begins his descent up the tower. She pulls me to her placing the knife back to my throat and I try to avoid swallowing so that the knife doesn't press into my throat. "Whoa, whoa, whoa," Thomas starts as he first sees the sight of us "Okay, just. Easy all right?" Thomas tells her as he settles near us.

"Where am I? What is this place? Why can't I remember anything?" the girl says in hurried words and I can't help but see Thomas not focusing on the most important thing, the knife to my neck, but her wrist. I hadn't seen it yet but if I could bet, I'd say she has the same tattoo with interlocking lines as he does.

He pulls himself out of his trance quickly "this is all normal, okay? We've all been through this okay? Even the girl you're holding hostage," Thomas tries to tell her "your name, that'll come back to you in a few days, it's like the one thing tha...

He pulls himself out of his trance quickly "this is all normal, okay? We've all been through this okay? Even the girl you're holding hostage," Thomas tries to tell her "your name, that'll come back to you in a few days, it's like the one thing that-" 

"Teresa," the girl says interrupting him "what'd you say?" Thomas asks "my name, it's Teresa," she tells him and I can feel her hold on me loosen "Okay. All right, Teresa, I'm Thomas, and that's (Y/n)," Thomas introduces with a nervous stutter "how about you let her go?" Thomas asks his eyes flickering to me, Teresa hesitates but moves the knife away from my throat. I sigh and move from the girl. "Go," Thomas says and he doesn't have to tell me twice I move down the tower and toward the small group of boys quickly. 

"Are you okay?" Gally asks taking my face in his hands and I nod "what's going on up there?" Gally calls out to Thomas who pokes his head over looking down. "Is she coming down?" he adds looking at Thomas  "Um... Hey, listen, you guys just give us a second, okay?" Thomas calls out "give him a second guys," I tell them moving away from the tower as quickly as possible somewhat shaken up by the events.

Gally comes up to me and grabs my hand and although we're not the happiest with each other I find the gesture comforting. "Walk with me," he says steering me toward a quiet area next to the pond. When we stop he holds me tighter than ever before "we gotta stop meeting like this," he whispers in my hair in reference to me always ending up on the end of most attacks in the glade. I nod with a small chuckle "I think I'm a magnet for chaos," I tell him with a shrug and he shakes his head.

"I promise to keep you safe," Gally tells me and I shake my head pulling away "I don't think that's a promise you can make right now Gal," I tell him and he furrows his brow "are you still siding with him? Even after this?" Gally asks and I sigh hard. "I can't explain everything Gally, but yes. I think Thomas is going to help us find a way out," I tell Gally and he shakes his head folding his arms across his chest. "Why can't you see he's ruining everything?" Gally all but shouts in my face which causes me to step back.

"He just wants his freedom back Gally, and I can't blame him for that," I tell him and Gally scoffs. I feel tears prick my eyes out of frustration from arguing with Gally again. "I can't do this right now," I tell him leaving him alone by the water.