~Punished~

POV (Y/N)

-6 Months and 30 Days in the Glade-

In the last few weeks each of the runners have noted hearing or seeing more evidence of grievers in the maze, and although I didn't want to worry Gally he could tell something was up. Tony and I were poking around the food on our plates nervous after yesterday. Minho had put the buddy system in place and Tony swears he saw the griever. "What's been going on with you two? You haven't picked at each other all morning," Gally asks and I fake a smile.

"We're fine. It's just been a hard week," I tell Gally, and he raises an eyebrow not believing me at the least. Tony hardly ever let the opportunity to joke around pass by. "Be safe," Gally tells me before we head toward the maze doors, I fake a smile "I'll be fine," I tell him turning to follow Tony. We move quickly and it feels like we'll finally get some progress in the maze today. "Wanna run through lunch?" I ask Tony "yeah, we need to finish this part of the maze anyways," he tells me. When we get to the end of seven I slam my fist on the wall in anger. 

"Tony, what are we gonna do?" I ask angry and unsure of what to do Tony sighs "we go to Minho and the map-makers and we hope they've got an idea," Tony tells me. I stare at the stone and feel defeated what are we being punished for? I wonder "(Y/n), we need to head back," Tony tells me and I sigh "okay," I tell him and we head back. The whole time we run back I feel stressed "Tony, that's the last section of the maze," I tell him, and he sighs "I know, (Y/n)."

It was a longer route and Tony and I can see that it was starting to get late. We push forward trying to go faster needing to get through the maze doors. "(Y/n), what if we don't get out?" Tony asks and I shake my head "We're gonna make it," I tell him as we keep going. When we finally see the doors we're both sweating hard, and a crowd of gladers had gathered. "Come on guys!" we hear them shout and we push hard, as we finally get halfway through the doors we hear the door cranking closed. 

I can't help but collapse to the ground when we get into the glade. Minho strides over quickly "you two better have a good reason for being so late," he says crossing his arms. Once I look up and meet his eyes he knows we do, "Map room," he says and we follow after him. I can see Gally looking at me, to anyone else he looks angry, but I can see the fear behind his eyes. When we get to the map room Minho, Alby, Ty, and Sam all look at Tony and me waiting expectantly. "Seven is a dead end," Tony says turning his head away not wanting to see the disappointment in their eyes. 

"What does this mean for the glade?" Ty asks looking at the 3D model of the maze "Alby?" Minho asks and all eyes turn to our leader. "The gladers need to keep hope. If anyone in this room wants to resign from their position tell me now. We can move you," Alby tells the room and I see Tony, Ty, and Sam raise their hands saying they want to resign. "Okay, we'll move you tomorrow. "(Y/n), Minho, you guys good?" Alby asks and we nod quietly, I knew it was hopeless, but if all the runners quit the whole glade will know something is up.

"(Y/n), fix the 3D model, and I know it's hard but you don't need to share this with Gally. He's wanted a reason to stop people from going in the maze for years, and this is exactly what he's been looking for," Alby tells me and I nod understanding better than anyone how Gally hates the maze. Alby nods and leaves the room Ty and Sam follow behind him. "Imma get out of here," Tony tells me scratching the back of his neck "Gonna go back to the Track hoes?" I ask him and he nods "I wish I hadn't left," he tells me leaving the map room and I sigh.

"He'll be okay," Minho tells me after he's gone "this has been a bad week for him is all. The griever yesterday, and now there's no way out. I just don't know how he's gonna take this is all," I shrug, and Minho nods "we'll all move on, and eventually we'll get out," Minho tells me and I put on a smile of reassurance "yeah, I know," I answer.