Chapter Eleven

Andy's POV:

I cautiously laced my large fingers between Alex's small ones. I finally worked up the courage to ask her out, as friends of course. Right? Yes. Just friends. Wait... what kind of friends go on dates? Is this a date? I think it is. Does she think it's a date? Probably not. I overthought in my head.

I pulled into a parking lot across from the Santa Monica Pier. "This is where..." She sounded confused, worried almost. "I get it Andy, you want me to leave and I will... right now." Tears pricked the corners of her eyes. She got out and slammed the car door behind her.

"Alex, wait!" I got out and ran after her, my long legs catching up to her quickly. "Wait? I've been waiting for five years!" She shouted down at me. She stopped at the top of the stairs that lead to the pier, while I waited at the bottom.

"How do you think I feel? I didn't come here because I wanted you to leave... I came here to take you on a date!" I calmed myself down a little, to the point where I had stopped shouting. "I wanted to get to know you better, to make up for these past five years." My breathing was still heavy.

"Oh gosh, I had no idea that those were your intentions. I'm so sorry, It's just that I'm so used to people kicking me to the crub I just... I'm sorry." guilt took over her beautiful emerald eyes, along with some tears.

She walked down the boarded steps towards me, stopping on second to lat step above me, but I was still taller than her. "Yes, we started off on the wrong foot, but I would never kick you out if you had no place to go." I lowered my voice, trying to sooth her.

Without thinking, I grabbed both of her tiny hands in mine and placed each of them on my shoulders, I could see the unsure look in her eyes. I placed my hands on her small waist and inched my face closer to hers, her eyes slowly began to close along with mine.

I pulled her closer to me, wrapping my arms all the way around her waist, she did the same to my neck. It felt like a magnetic force was pulling us closer together. Finally, our lips connected, and I swear sparks flew.