Chapter Eight

I awoke to the feeling of someone shifting beneath me, I rubbed my tired eyes. "Oh. sorry I didn't mean to wake you. and I didn't mean to uh, fall asleep here either. " Andy's voice was raspy. He sat up and slid on his slippers that were next to the sofa. 

"It's fine, but where are you going?" I sat up and stretched my arms. "To smoke." He walked over to the coat rack next to the front door and put on a wrinkled black sweat shirt.

I looked over at the tv console. "At 3AM?" He shrugged and put a cigarette between his teeth. "Go back to bed." He winked at me and shut the door behind him. Within a couple minutes, I fell back asleep, but was awoken when I felt arms wrap around my back and thighs. my eyes drifted open to see that Andy was carrying me wedding style up the stairs.

"You need to eat more." He laughed when he saw my eyes flutter open. "I'm not that light." He smiled and shook his head. "Where are you taking me anyway?" He continued to walk down the dark hall, my arms wrapped around his neck. "My room. I'm not letting you sleep on that uncomfortable couch."

We stopped in front of his door, I went to jump out of his arms, but his grip tightened "I got it." He dug the key out of his pocket with the hand that was wrapped around my back, then he grabbed it with his mouth. He nodded his head towards me, silently telling me take the key from between his teeth.

I bent down and untwisted the knob, causing me to almost fall out of Andy's arms, but he caught me and laughed at my clumsiness. "That was close." He continued to laugh as we walked into his room.

Without warning, he released his grip on me, trying to toss me on the bed, but I tightened my grip around his neck, afraid I was going to fall, causing him to go down with me. My back landed on the soft surface as Andy's body came crashing down on top of me.

Thankfully, before his body crushed mine, he stuck one of his arms out to catch himself, the other arm was still wrapped around my back. We both began to laugh, but when I finally calmed down, Andy's sapphire eyes made contact with emerald ones.

Our faces were centimeters apart. I almost thought I saw him leaning closer- "Ow!" Andy's hand had gotten caught in my hair. "Oh, Sorry!" I just nodded, holding the back of my head. "You should get to bed." I continued to nod, confused about what the hell just happened.

Andy slowly and awkwardly backed out of the room when Mokus ran in. "Um... Here! Have a cat!" Andy picked up the grey furry animal and tossed him on the bed and ran out the room. I sat still on the bed, silently cursing at my hair.