Chapter Two

*The picture above is what Ashley and CC look like in this chapter*

"Um... Hello?" I heard a strange voice call out. "Are you okay?" My green eyes fluttered open. I saw a muscular man wearing a cowboy hat that covered his long, dark hair. He was kneeling beside me. He took my hand and helped me up.

My red hair was frizzy, my clothes were soaking wet, I smelled of mildew, and my pale cheeks were sunburnt from the hot California sun.

"What are you doing here?" He gestured to the telephone box. "Well I-" He cut me off. "Sick guitar case! You play?" I was surprised by his words. "Uh... Yeah, sort of." I gave him a confused look.

"Awesome, can I see?" He pointed to my case. "I guess..." I hesitantly got down on my knees to open up the case. "Damn..." I heard him mumble. "Can I get your name pretty lady?" He looked me up and down, clearly checking me out. His breath was laced with alcohol.

I stood up right away and dusted off the front of my jeans. "My name is Alexandria, but actually... I gotta go" I rolled my eyes and picked up my case. "Where you headed to looking like that?" He followed right behind me.

"If I'm gonna be honest, you look a little lost to me" I could see his smirk with the metaphorical eyes that I had on the back of my head, I stopped and turned to face him. "Okay, yes, I'm lost, but I don't want directions from a drunk who's gonna check me out any chance he gets" I faced him, my arms crossed.

He just shook his head and laughed. "Sweety, checking out girls and drinking beer are the only things I'm good at" my jaw dropped at his sly comment, "Well, and playing the bass of course, maybe you've heard of my band? You look like the kinda girl that listens to our music, hmm?"

Before I could walk away, he had me pinned between a lamppost and himself. He just smirked at me. "I have to go... My sister is probably looking for me."

"How bout' I give you a ride, or maybe we could-" His breath reeked of whiskey. "Ashley! Let's go!" A taller man walking out of the corner bar called out. He approached us.

"Who might this be?" He had even longer hair then Ashley did. "This is Alexandria" Ashley introduced me. "She's lost" Ashley laughed a little. "Well, Alexandria, I'm Christian, but you can call me CC" He shook my hand politely and gave me a smile.

"So I hear you're lost..." I nodded, embarrassed. "I'll give you a ride, just tell me where your going" He flashed another smile. "Well, I can't go anywhere like this" I frowned and gestured to my messy appearance.

"I'll take you back to our place, you can wash up there. Only if you're comfortable" My head was saying no, but my dirty hair was saying yes. I had no where else to go and nobody else was drunk enough this early in the morning to take me to their house and let me shower.

"That'd be great" I flash a toothless smile. I really shouldn't trust two hung over men, but I'm in desperate need of a shower and clean clothes. I was always taught to stay away from strangers, but I've made multiple mistakes in the past 24 hours, so what's one more?

My gut was telling me to trust these guys, but my consience disagreed. It was as if I had an angel and a devil on my shoulders, both of them making valid points. "You don't know them, for all you know they could be serial killers." The Angel spoke. "You're lost, dirty, and you have no where else to go. There are just two generous men offering you a shower and shelter."

They argued in my ears as I followed them to their car, I brushed both advocates off of my shoulder and climbed in the back seat. At this point, I didn't care what happened to me because nothing could be worse than what I experienced in my own home.