Chapter Five

I gasped and double checked my body to make sure that I had a towel on, thank God I did. "Oh shit! Sorry!" He quickly shut the door. I walked over to the door and locked it, breathing heavily in shock. I leaned my back against the door to barricade it shut to make sure that no one else could get in.

How could I be so stupid not to lock the door in a house full of guys? Something interrupted my thoughts, something like "yelling?" I whispered to myself. I listened closely to what the voices were saying.

"She has to leave!" I heard Andy's deep vocals echo from downstairs. "She's harmless! I found her on the side of the road with no clue where she was, the least I could do was let her clean up a bit" CC replied.

"I don't feel comfortable around her" Andy lowered his voice. "How do you think she feels in a house full of guys she doesn't even know?" It was silent. 

"If you want her to leave so badly, then why don't you drive her to where she needs to go? First thing in the morning" CC challenged, my eyes widened. "Fine!" Andy raised his voice, accepting the challenge. It was siletn again, but then there was a knock at the door.

Expecting it to be Andy, I nervously answered: "Be out in a second!" But it was actually CC. "Okay take your time, I washed your clothes for you, they're outside the door.  Andy is going to drive you home in the morning" He sighed. "Oh okay, thank you!" I carefully opened the door and grabbed my case from the hallway.

I threw on my plaid pajama pants that were freshly washed, along with a stretched out MCR shirt. CC let me crash on the couch since there were only 5 bedrooms and exactly 5 guys. He had said goodnight to me and turned off the light. It was then that I realized that if I left, I had no where else to go.

-o-

I awoke to the light shinning in from between the curtains. I stretched and rubbed my eyes in a sleepy haze. I wandered to the upstairs bathroom to change for then day. I threw on my grey "over my dead body" muscle tee along with my ripped shorts and my white, low rise converse. I took a deep breath and walked back down the stairs.

All the guys were sitting on the couch, accept for Andy. I walked over to CC who had my phone in his hand. "Fully charged" He gave me a small smile, but it turned into a frown. Even though I'd only known him for 24 hours, I was going to miss him.

"I put all of our numbers in there so you can call us if you need anything" I nodded. "Thanks" My voice was full of disappointment. "Andy is waiting outside for you. Just tell him where you need to go" He sighed.

"Sorry you have to go so soon" I just nodded and headed towards the door, where my guitar case was. I quickly ran back to CC and embraced him in a hug. "Thank you" I smiled as he hugged me back.

"What about me?" Ashley whined, I giggled and blew him a kiss, he blushed and winked at me. "Bye guys, it was nice meeting all of you. Thanks again" I smiled and walked out the door as they all kindly waved.

Andy was parked right out front, looking in the opposite direction of me. I slid my case in the back seat. I opened the passenger side door and climbed in, putting on my seat belt. I could feel the tension between us.

"Where do you need to go?" His voice was a lot calmer than I expected it to be. I closed my eyes and took a deep breath. "I don't know" I admitted. I could tell he was annoyed. "What do you mean? You don't have anywhere to go?" I shook my head.

"Well, what's your address?" He made it seem like he didn't already know. "Just take me to Santa Monica pier" I sighed and fiddled with my fingers. "Are you sure?" Tears threatened my eyes, but I looked away so he didn't see.

"Yeah" I lowered my voice. "Okay, Santa Monica pier it is" He never made eye contact with me once. He sped down out of the driveway and down the road. I chose Santa Monica pier because my mom had taken me there the weekend before she had died, I could have sworn that it was the best day of my life.

As the car came to stop at a red light, I saw him look over at me from the corner of my eye, he examined my face, like I was some sort of stranger. "Alexandria Roberts?" He questioned. I looked up at him and nodded. I knew he had recognized me.