Chapter Four

"Well that was awkward..." Ashley stabbed the silence with an invisible knife. "Uh, yeah I guess" I just stared at my beat up black converse. "I better go wash up" I added. CC nodded and showed me the way to the bathroom. "There should be stuff in there, if not just check the cabinet underneath the sink" He explained before decending down the stairs.

I undressed then turned the shower knob to the right. I stepped into the steamy bathtub and took a deep breath. "That has to be him, it has to be" I said to myself, breathing in the steam. "He looks... Good" I shook my head at the non-sense I was thinking. I knew Andy recognized me by the way he stared directly into my emerald green eyes, but why did he deny it?

Andy dropped out of high school the year before I became a freshman. We had been neighbors growing up, but we never talked. Everyone thought he was weird because he dressed differently. I can tell he hasn't really changed. 

My mom warned me not to talk to him, because, according to her: "Kids that smoke are bad influences and make poor decisions in life" So I kept my distance. Of course, with my luck, I would show up to his house looking like an absolute mess. Not that I was trying to impress him or anything... it's just been so long since i've seen him and he's obviously doing good for himself.

I knew he was talented, it so happend to be that our bedroom windows lined up across from one another. I was always intregued by his differences, and I often observed him while he would practice guitar in his room. He caught me one time, and I never looked out that window again.

Cold water shook me from my thoughts. "Have I really been in here that long?" I asked myself, shutting the water off. I grabbed the first towel I saw, hoping it was clean. After I wrapped myself in it, I put my red hair in a bun.

I stood in front of the sink, patting my face dry with a seperate towel and fixing my hair. The bathroom door opened widely. A familiar face walked in, it was Andy.